[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've seen this question posed a number of ways, but do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 133_60-10a.jpg (11KB, 400x177px) Image search: [Google]
133_60-10a.jpg
11KB, 400x177px
I've seen this question posed a number of ways, but do you think if NASCAR went back to using cars it would be more popular? Albeit slower and more technical, but could such a franchise exist in the US?
>>
>>17659975
Yeah, NASCAR is boring as shit now. They also need to quit blatantly name dropping sponsors. That makes me not want to buy your product, diet mtn dew and sonoco I'm talking to you.
>>
>>17659975
https://youtu.be/Qt2r3zDufcQ
>>
People are safety bitches and when one person dies it will end.
>>
>>17660019
This, asking if OG NASCAR will come back is like asking if Group B rally will ever come back. The answer is a solid no because too many people died driving the real cars and they are much less safe than the purpose built chassis that they use now.
>>
>>17660019
I think this may be it. NASCAR drivers were the first pick to be astronauts, we lost a bunch of them but Dale Earnhardt stopped the nation for a week, and as I understand, NASCAR did for the automotive world what NASA did for our cell phones.
>>
>>17660035
Installing modern roll cages and modern tires would keep things safe enough and keep it stock enough in my opinion.

The car manufactures would be up in arms. None of the factory cars have been designed around racing for decades. Some wouldn't be able to race competitive speeds if all took off their limiters. Most engines would probably blow before finishing the race.
>>
File: steering wheel.jpg (33KB, 450x345px) Image search: [Google]
steering wheel.jpg
33KB, 450x345px
>>17660057
Safety tech introduced by NASCAR and Earnhardt's death "fixed" a lot of issues the Motorsport and automotive world in general had with regulations of life saving technology. The scandal behind Earnhardt's death is surely something to read up about because it caused the founder of one of the biggest seatbelt producers to leave his own damn company
>>
>>17660088
But would installing only those items on a factory vehicle make the car good enough to watch go around the track? You must remember that 90% of NASCAR'S fanbase or any Motorsports fanbase for that matter only watches the races to see the cars wreck
>>
>>17660128
Nobody watches nascar for crashes anymore, as a matter of fact I'm actually not sure who watches it at all anymore. I'm sure the Hellcat and competitors would bring plenty of entertainment.
>>
>>17660128
I think crashes would happen still. And given that the cars are less purpose built for racing, a lot more failures would happen. Given the more real stock car nature, fans would go to the races to see what kind of car they should be buying.
>>
File: 329707465.jpg (23KB, 400x249px) Image search: [Google]
329707465.jpg
23KB, 400x249px
>>17660140
NASCAR has definitely lost touch with its supporters over the past few years. Watching the same cars go around a track following the same line hundreds of times cant be fun unless there is a little bit of action to get in the way. As fun as it may be to watch a 700hp RWD car that weighs as much as a truck grumble down a circle track, it will only be so until somebody dies and the manufacturers either start pulling out or improving the safety of their cars until you get.... a modern day nascar
>>
>>17660184
New racing series when? We need someone like Gary Busey or Mike Tyson to be CEO. Ron Paul for CFO.
>>
>>17660147
That's the thing though, your modern day car buyer is very unlikely to buy a car based off of how many champions its won in a race setting. Most people will go off of (believe it or not) safety standards or standardized tech. Speed appeals to a very small window of car buyers like you or me and most people would rather just compare stats like interior space or gas mileage rather than HP or 0-60 times. I can definitely say that a more stock-natured car failing on the track because it doesn't have the power necessary to run on a track for that long wont attract any buyers
>>
>>17660191
A racing series headed by Gary Busey may just be the thing that weve all been looking for
>>
Lulz, you gentlemen are right.
Ford and Chrysler are almost ready to go, but that Australian Caprice would probably have to enter the NA market. When it comes to safety, and neck-head restraints are a general good, and why does a 2017 Dodge Challenger have airbags and a hypothetical NASCAR version does not? Surely we've made huge strides in restraint technology, or is NASCAR lame simply because we don't want to see someone die on TV again?
>>
>>17660259
In racing you're so strapped down and have a neck brace, you don't budge at all from the seat and airbags are pointless.

Dodge has the most NASCAR ready engine right now. In fact the next generation of engines will be Chrysler design, they are currently LS right now. Ford might be able to solve their ecoboost issues pretty quick given they do have race experience. Chevy would be fucked with a N/A v6 fwd Impala. Chevy killed Holden, no more Caprice.
>>
File: nascar_156_1.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
nascar_156_1.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
>>17660259
Damn, Earnhardt was the last one to die in NASCAR to die on the track huh? Never realized that, airbags do only protect at a certain speed however. Drivers are so strapped in with neck devices and restraints that I don't even think an airbag would reach the driver in the event of an accident.
>>
>>17660323
Got to it before I did
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.