[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a new muffler for my grand cherokee, muffler shop is sasking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1453684953970.gif (1MB, 300x199px)
1453684953970.gif
1MB, 300x199px
I need a new muffler for my grand cherokee, muffler shop is sasking $120 for parts and labor, which is just the muffler and attaching it to the cat and exhaust. Am I getting scammed?

A new muffler on RockAuto is $50, but the thing is I need this done this week before college starts up again.
>>
>>17644761
If it's so easy then do it yourself fucknuts
>>
if it's bolt on just do it yourself

if there is welding involved that's a fair price
>>
>>17644761
Sounds about right.
>>
>>17644761
>$120 for parts and labor
>$120
that's literally nothing. just get it done and dont worry about it.
>>
$120 is actually nothing compared to the cost of any minor repair going over $400

the muffler guy is being generous
>>
>>17644761
What? No dude that is VERY reasonable
>>
>>17644962
This

That's pretty cheap OP.
>>
120 is bretty gud. Why not just run no muffler if youre worried about money?
>>
>$60 for muffler that isn't bargain basement send you the wrong parts and not give a fuck website
>Plus $60 to rattle gun your rusty ass flange bolts and swear at the bitch because they rounded off and grab the mole grips and beat away at the cunt etc etc etc

Those lifts are also expensive OP if you ever did a muffler job on a car on jackstands you are a hero. A truck makes it easier but it is still tough lying down doing it.
>>
that sounds fair. my exhaust guy is the best around with best rates and he does most wlerding for 75-120
>>
File: 1480887495233.webm (3MB, 311x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480887495233.webm
3MB, 311x240px
>>17645670
I've swapped out multiple exhausts with the cars being on jackstands.

I cried the whole time, but I did it.
>>
It's a fair price, but that doesn't mean you can't get two uclamps for $5 and try yourself.
>>
>>17645699
This webm blew my mind
>>
>>17645699
These are the guys I want on my team
>>
>>17645699
Why were they dropping rocks on that hose? Was it bent out of shape?
>>
>>17646055
it looked like a strut or shock for the suspension
>>
>>17646069
Yeah, I see that now. I'm amazed that it worked, especially since there's no way they could have gotten it even close to perfect.
>>
>>17644761
>muffler shop is sasking $120 for parts and labor,
I would be happy to pay that price if that was in Seattle or Portland. Dealer here would charge $400, but he is a stealership that charges $178 for four wheel alignment.

>>17646015
>These are the guys I want on my team
That's an example of the "Can Do" attitude.
>>
>>17644761
>muffler shop is sasking $120 for parts and labor,

We can only wish we had your $120 deal.

That's amazingly low. When shops here have a $150 muffler deal, that only covers basic installation. If it needs new clamps or hangers then there are extra upselling fees just like jiffylube. If it needs any welding, then it needs extra fees. So that $150 muffler job usually becomes at least $300. And the muffler is a generic galvanized steel one. If your muffler has special requirements like stainless steel, hanging, size, or shape in order to fit into a certain area, then it costs more as the actual OEM part has to be ordered.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.