[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gas is cheap, so used Priuses are cheap too. Should I buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 2009_Toyota_Prius_Smart_Entry.jpg (43KB, 640x399px) Image search: [Google]
2009_Toyota_Prius_Smart_Entry.jpg
43KB, 640x399px
Gas is cheap, so used Priuses are cheap too. Should I buy a $5000~ Prius?
>>
>>17638104
Only if you're the kind of person that tells other people "I don't care what car I drive, as long as it gets me from A to B".
>>
Why? They're pretty awful cars, dubious claims of mileage or not.
>>
>>17638104

They're cheap because they are a pain in the ass to repair when they get worn out and aren't fun to drive. They're disposable shitboxes made to be runned into the ground and scrapped in 10-15 years, not very eco friendly actually.
>>
>>17638109

I mean, 45~MPG is literally double what I get in my current car running Premium gas.

This isn't a fuel cost issue, I've just stopped caring about driving dynamics and want something simple, more comfortable than my bugeye WRX, and more reliable.
>>
Are you making 50 or 100 miles trips every day? I'd get one if so, otherwise I don't think they're worth it.
>>
>>17638182
in that case I'd recommend a used leaf. if you pay based on demand, you can fill up during the night for like 5 cents /kwh
>>
>>17638143
>This isn't a fuel cost issue, I've just stopped caring about driving dynamics and want something simple

they're definitely reliable & simple

if you get one, get one of those toyota vci cables ($20 on ebay) so you can get all the data in the car in plain english like individual cell info ( if you need to replace an individual cell yourself)

something to look out for is the 12v battery (they're special and like $120-150) in the back passenger corner.

parts are cheap
>>
>>17638182

I drive 40 miles most days, and 2 days out of the week I drive 120. Living in Texas is a hell of a thing. I also make several 2000 mile road trips a year to visit family up north.
>>
then why not just get a used civic or corolla? just as much practicality with simpler and cheaper maintenance
>>
>>17638228

Do 2009+ Corollas and Civics come as hatchbacks? That IS genuinely one thing I like about the Prius since I'm so used to having the WRX wagon version.
>>
File: 20170724_145126.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170724_145126.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Love mine
2k into my 07 with 159k
>>
>>17638109
>tfw getting to that point in my life
I don't even know who I am anymore. High School me would have laughed at the idea of buying something like that but not so much anymore.
>>
>>17638286
Sort of and yes. The Corolla iM is really a re-badged Scion iM. There is a Civic hatchback, though.
>>
>>17639480
Yeah because you entered real life and realizing now money controls everything and responsibilities flooded in, no more fun time.
>>
>>17639480
I'm sort of the opposite. In high school, I drove a hand-me-down minivan and liked it. Now, driving is the most fun I usually get to have; the drive home from work is the highlight of my day, so I want something fun for it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.