[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assuming you're not into track driving (I understand why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: tyres.jpg (70KB, 656x296px) Image search: [Google]
tyres.jpg
70KB, 656x296px
Assuming you're not into track driving (I understand why you would buy more expensive tyres if you do) do you buy the cheapest tyres if your current ones are damaged and need a replacement?

Some advice I've read say you should spend more on tyres since it's the only thing that keeps you on the road instead of going cheap but I do fine with the cheapest ones.

So do you buy more expensive tyres or the cheapest ones?
>>
>cheaping out on the only contact patch between the 2 ton box of steel and fury and the fucking planet you live on

enjoy dying. At least go for well known mid range tyres if you can't afford the michellin jew
>>
>>17635274
>I do fine with the cheapest ones
Because you never get close to the limits of your cheap tires. You're doing fine without your airbags and seatbelt as well, right? When you're waking up in the hospital bed and the doctor tells you you've been in a coma for 2 weeks and are paralyzed from the neck down, you're gonna wish you had tires that allowed you to stop from 60 in less than 200 feet or let you swerve in the wet.

Also in my experience decent Michelins last longer than chinkshit and end up being cheaper in the long run.
>>
I only buy the cheapest all season tires available, even for snow. I don't get what the big deal is about "good tires".
>>
>>17635380
Next time get some better tires and you'll understand.
>>
Oh idk

>Proper grip in various conditions, predictable behavior (knowing when and how they'll let go), even treadwear, longevity, roadnoise, resistance to hydroplaning, and other various ways good tires won't try to kill you and cheap tires will.

>2/10 for making me reply
>>
>>17635274
I go for the best quality ones, even if they wind up being the most expensive.
But I'm also handling curves at high speed and taking the car up to triple digits every time I go out. Catastrophic loss of pressure (sidewall blowout, etc.) is not something I'll risk, so I don't cheap out.
>>
I used to work at a tire shop and I dealt with all types of tires, from lawnmower tires to racing slicks. When you're mounting tires all day long from all sorts of different brands you really get an idea of the quality of rubber manufacturers use.

For example, Goodyear tires are shit. I wouldn't recommend buying them at all. I'm not saying they can't make good tires, but the ones that are actually good are so expensive that you can get something better for less money.

With that being said, there actually are some pretty good "cheap" tires. IMO the best "cheap" tires are made by falken. They are affordable, they preform quite good and they use quality rubber. The only catch is that they don't have a very long tread life since they are a softer tire. Ohtsu is owned by falken and they are cheaper to buy, even for the same tires. They literally use the same tire except they put different logos on it.

Tldr take everything you hear with a grain of salt
>>
Because I like to maximise my traction
>>
>>17635380
This would make sense if the conditions were always dry and never needed emergency stops

Better tires could mean the difference between a close call and a collision

They perform better on wet conditions and stop quicker on wet conditions. And perform amazing on dry conditions, and it might only cost only $150-$200 more per set than your chink tyres.

You should not buy Pilot Super Sports for road use but don't buy chink tyres either.
>>
Try riding a bike one day.
>>
>>17635274
I prefer when driving a car in real life is nothing like playing Gran Turismo.
>>
>>17635361
autism
>>
>>17635274
>instead of going cheap but I do fine with the cheapest ones

Until you have to do an emergency manoeuver in the rain and you just completely lose control. I bet you're also fine with those nice cheap chinese brake pads?
>>
Consumer reports should give you a good indication what is good value for your money. The brand quality also depends on the model you need.
>>
>>17635274
Never will I use cheap Chinese tires again.

>Buy shitbox, owner is all proud of some tire I've never heard of
>Good tread, nice pattern
>Does well in wet and on hot summer days
>One day feel vibrations that I thought I was imagining, decided to investigate
>After about 6,000 miles experiencing the weirdest tire wear I've ever seen
>Each row of tread is wearing at completely different rates on all four tires
>Not even wearing at the same rate on the same tire all the way around, as if the compound is different as you go around the tire
>Ask alignment friend what he thinks
>Within seconds of looking at the tire he tells me he's seen this before with cheap Chinese tires
>Couldn't get the tires to balance
>Ended up buying proper tires
>Alignment was within spec, wasn't an alignment issue
>>
>>17635274
I dont worry much about that because i drive mostly in a city. Never have to push the car exactly too hard not drive too fast.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.