[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>new driver >TERRIFIED to drive because I might get in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1459035888514.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459035888514.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>new driver
>TERRIFIED to drive because I might get in a horrible crash and become paralyzed
any tips for safe driving f.a.m.s
>>
>>17628328
Just keep practicing, you'll get accustomed to it.
>>
Keep your eyes up, watch your mirrors, don't sit in some retard's blind spot, keep to the right lane, and leave space to the car in front of you.
>>
>>17628339
basically what this guy said op.

just be vigilant of all the other cars on the road. remember, its not you, its all of them. also, be decisive, hesitation gets people in accidents pretty often.
>>
>>17628328
Buy a car with direct injection
>>
>>17628328
>TERRIFIED
Good. This wil keep you alive.
>>
>>17628328
Become suicidal
>>
I didn't get my license until I was 24 because I've been terrified of driving. I finally had to try and got it 2nd try and now 8 months later it's fun and easy and second nature. Been pulled over once for turning into the far lane with a warning. Few close calls from other idiots but generally easy.
>>
>>17628328
You're too scared to live. Just stay in your basement and do everything over the internet.
>>
just drive defensively and for the love of christ if someone signs for you to go ahead at a stop sign just fucking go. you're not being nice by telling them to go instead.
>>
Only scary if youre on new roads imho.
Also roads with trains and shit i have no idea who drives first or what the fuck is going on. Thankfully i dont live in such a place so streets are easy to understand
>>
>>17629446
>Also roads with trains and shit i have no idea who drives first or what the fuck is going on.

The trains
>>
>>17629301
What do you mean turning into a far lane? Like there's a stop light and two lanes going left, you're in the left one but when you turn you go into the right one? Just want to make sure I don't do it too if that's it or something else
>>
>>17629508
Yup, against the rules. No one was even turning with me he was just being a dick, people and I still do that all the time without issues.
>>
>>17629589
If you do this with oncoming traffic also trying to turn, you're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>17628328
This is why we need self-driving cars.
>>
>Don't be afraid to pass on double yellows
>Apex every turn to make sure you don't understeer
>Use the handbrake to make turns in bad weather if you understeer
>If you're careful, you can use the car in front of you to brake for you like Ryosuke in Stage 5
>>
As long as you don't drive like a fucking maniac ignoring every single traffic sign and rule you will be fine. I was terrified as well but then I realized that the other drivers (or at least most of them) are paying attention to the road and will avoid you if you fuck up for some reason.
>>
>>17628328
simply look both ways when the light turns green

for some reason people get offended when you tell them to do this though
>>
>>17629826
Basically this. OP you have to realize that traffic working is a team effort. Work together with the other drivers to make the traffic flow, don't be an asshole and not let people merge if they want or need to, don't sit in the left most lane for no reason, and if you see someone needs to close-merge in front of you, signal with your high beams if they can go.

Keep your eyes open and on the road and the mirrors.
>>
>>17628328
Watch your fucking following distance. Number 1 way to prevent an accident, apart from driving like a retard.
>>
>>17629861
Great tip. Constantly ask yourself "is the distance between me and the car in front increasing or decreasing?"
>>
>>17629865
You shouldn't have to. Unless you're retarded.
>>
>>17629789
Your part of the problem
>>
>>17630092
Stay obsolete.
Your time is rapidly coming to an end and you know it.
>>
>>17628343

What Anon means by this is, if you have to ask yourself if you can make it, wait it out.

Dont just lunge into traffic like a retard.
>>
>>17630099
>born too early to ride in self driving cars when you get your license, but just in time to see the technology develop and mature just beyond your grasp of day to day useability
>>
File: 12875123432187.jpg (102KB, 801x534px) Image search: [Google]
12875123432187.jpg
102KB, 801x534px
>>17630099
>he actually thinks self-driving cars will replace cars driven by human beings
>>
>>17629789
>we need self-driving cars to facilitate retardation

Why don't we just automate everything in life?
>>
>>17630099
>self driving cars still don't know what to do at stop signs
>b-b-b-b-b-b-but they'll take over in just a few years bro! Tesla will have huge fleets of self driving, communal cars bro! nobody will own cars because it'll belong to the state bro!
fuck off reddit
>>
>>17628328
You're more likely to get murdered by a soccermom on her cellphone or a woman putting on makeup than you are to die or suffer fatal injuries in a crash caused by yourself.
>>
>>17630651
>I love my sister to death
>I don't give a fuck
>her head's split open
>we out here
>>
>>17628328
Just make sure you never go above the speed limit, in fact stay at least 5 below it, also remember the left lane is for cruising. The rigjt lane is the fast lane, never speed in the left
>>
>>17628328
Just drive defensively. You don't need to be paranoid but be mindful of who else is on the road around you (in front and behind) and limit your distractions. I've been in multiple accidents that were caused by the person behind us texting on their phone. Don't be that person.

>>17628343
Also this. If you make a turn and it looks like you sort of cut someone off, give it a bit of extra gas to keep traffic flowing and to not get hit.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.