[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My regular white California license plates came in today. I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (335KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
335KB, 1600x1200px
My regular white California license plates came in today. I was planning to get the black vanity license plates which should take 8-12 weeks to get here. In the mean time do I need to install my regular white license plates on my car?
>>
Why the hell wouldn't you need to?
>>
>>17625647
I did mine through triple A, they take your plates and you tape a temporary permit onto your back window.

Mine came in about 6 days, the 8-12 weeks is kind of exaggerated. The legacy plates look a million times better man, especially if the car is black.
>>
File: PLPF127.png (39KB, 417x208px) Image search: [Google]
PLPF127.png
39KB, 417x208px
>>17625647
8-12 weeks? What the hell takes so long?
>>
I wouldn't. If you install the white plate and try to switch to the black plate you have to have your ecu reset and have the new plate coded to the car from the dealer. Won't be under warranty because of mods and its like a $1000 service. Your car will also go into limp mode for this.
>>
Is your car new and within that wacky period where you don't need a plate in California?
>>
Yeah I ordered the black license plates online from the website. When they get here do I need to trade in the white ones to the DMV?
>>
>m3
>335 kb file

What the hell going on
>>
>>17625680
Its a new car. The regular white plates came in today. I bought the legacy black plates online. Just didn't know what to do from now until I get those plates.
>>
>>17625683
Yes
>>
>>17625699
Ok but in the mean time I just need to install the whites one on my car right? It would be nice if I didn't need to.
>>
>>17625709
Well when I did it through triple A they took my white plates and gave me a red temporary permit sticker for the rear window.

I'm sure if you go to the dmv they have a similar procedure
>>
>>17625675
This. Also your catalytic converter will fail as it's used to white plates and your spare tire will go flat
>>
Is that black license plate worth the extra $40 a year? It looks so nice though
>>
It takes five fucking seconds to put them on or off
Why is this even a thread? Are all people in California this fucking retarded? Jesus Christ
>>
>>17625982

Yes, which is why they expect their government to hold their hands and tell them what to do in every aspect of their miserable lives.
>>
>>17625970
Yes it is
>>
>>17625982
lol that's why California is the most retarded state in the nation
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.