[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[PA] If someone makes an offer on my car for sale before they've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8531.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8531.png
2MB, 1334x750px
[PA] If someone makes an offer on my car for sale before they've looked at it, and I accept, can they change their offer after they've look at it?

If I remember from my law class, a deal is a deal. Once the other party accepts the deal then you are legally obligated to continue with the deal. If someone offers you $5000 for a car and you say deal, they can't change the price unless you agree to it. You could sue them for $5000.

Is this correct?
>>
An oral contract can be legally binding, but very hard to prove. And over a 5k car, not worth it.

Now if guy offers you 5k for the car, comes by and looks at it, says he wont pay over 4k for it, you tell him no deal and he just wasted gas.

Now if he agress on 5k, and he shows up and you now want 6k, then youre a PoS, and wasted the mans time.

Either way, quit being a faggot.
>>
>>17623929
>Once the other party accepts the deal then you are legally obligated to continue with the deal.
Are you braindead? Unless there's a contact you both sign, the offer is meaningless
>>
>>17623929
Did you sign a lawyer notarized contract? No? Then it won't ever hold up
>>
File: 1499580729646.jpg (19KB, 552x126px) Image search: [Google]
1499580729646.jpg
19KB, 552x126px
Well once I made an offer for a car and when I came to see it there were many flaws that did not show on the pictures or in the description. So yeah, it really depends I think. I guess contracts exist for a reason.
>>
>OP sells car for 5k
>buyer shows up, offers 4k, gets pushy about it
>OP sperges when pushed, caves in
>goes on /o/ to try and get his money back
>>
>>17623929
>If I remember from my law class, a deal is a deal.
Guess you don't remember your law class
>>
Anybody that negotiates a lower price for a car without having inspected it is merely using it as a tactic to get an even lower price when they do arrive.

Don't accept any offers from people that haven't looked at it or had it inspected. Period.
>>
>>17623950
Unless it's in writing, it didn't happen.
>>
>>17625302
If an oral contract has a witness and enough jew lawyers behind it, it can be enforced.
>>
>>17623929
Not if you were hiding issues or damage. Then you're fucked.
>>
>>17623929
Wtf. Of course they can, if its more fucked then they thought. You also can not sell it to them. Either I'm misunderstanding something or your just retarded
>>
Don't be a nigger and act like that dude.
Regardless of legality it's scummy as fuck.
>>
>>17625302
This is fake news
>>
>>17623929
Have they signed a contract? No? Then they can do whatever the fuck they want.
Are you obliged to accept their offer? No.

Oral contracts are worth the paper they're written on, especially in a court of law.
This is why you go look at the car before making your offer.
Also, the asking price is the initial bid for both parties. On inspection, the buyer will generally revise it down for the sake of it, and expect the seller to haggle them back up.
>>
>>17623929
>a deal's a deal, anon!
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.