[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to upgrade my sound in my car which is a 2010 honda civic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: Car-Speakers.jpg (27KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
Car-Speakers.jpg
27KB, 450x350px
I want to upgrade my sound in my car which is a 2010 honda civic. My speakers suck ass. How much would this cost me to get all the shit and install it and would it be worth it. I have almost no knowledge of what this would entail.
>>
>>17623808
With labor included probably 500+ for basic system. Half that if you do it yourself.
>>
>>17623808
how do they suck?
>>
>>17623833
I want them to sound thunderous but they have no treble or bass and only 3 channel eq
>>
>>17623808
Sell your car.
Buy one with great stock speakers.
>>
File: opsodis.jpg (57KB, 800x638px) Image search: [Google]
opsodis.jpg
57KB, 800x638px
>>17623808
just replacing the speakers would come out at less than 200
for treble you want alinement
for bass you want tuned enclosures
ez to whip up with some wood working

confusling part is dealing with the bs terms thown about by the industy
eg your speakers are 4 ohm and so is your amp
and they should have the wattage rms written somewhere on them

but the advertiseing and documentation will give you the peak wattage at 2 ohm
so is best ignored as few amps are 2 ohm stable even if they claim to be
and peak watts only works for a second b4 burning out
>>
>>17623885
This one works fine and I just got it serviced and inspected and new tires
>>
File: Sony XE-90MKII.gif (2MB, 2072x1968px) Image search: [Google]
Sony XE-90MKII.gif
2MB, 2072x1968px
>>17623845
rare pepes up in hur
components and a sub is all you need
eq is for when your feeling fussy
and it will not sound right the next day
>>
>>17623845
what trim level is your car? LX? EX? DX?
>>
File: cerwin vega vpas10.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cerwin vega vpas10.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
Subaru has something like this
>>
File: subaru subwoofer 80 watt.jpg (464KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
subaru subwoofer 80 watt.jpg
464KB, 1600x1200px
>>
>>17623916
EX my man
>>
>>17623949
EX models offer a 350-watt system with seven speakers including a subwoofer, RDS, an auxiliary jack and speed-sensitive volume control; sound quality is very good for a car in this price range.

If it sounds bad maybe replace the speakers with oem ones in case the rubber/foam has deteriorated. It should be perfectly adequate for a shitbox.
>>
>>17624151
im getting zero sub bass at all. I used to have a cheapo 2.1 system for my pc that sounded 100x better than this
>>
File: sub.jpg (106KB, 978x733px) Image search: [Google]
sub.jpg
106KB, 978x733px
>>17624184
then check the eq. make sure it isn't turned down. check the rear deck to see if you actually have the sub? it's in the middle between the two rear speakers on the left and right.
>>
>>17623808
Go to a flea market man, not kidding

Got some 10's for my old car for $50 and they sounded great
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.