[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What things should I consider when buying a classic Mustang to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 00y0y_9qMXTMaigvw_600x450.jpg (33KB, 575x309px) Image search: [Google]
00y0y_9qMXTMaigvw_600x450.jpg
33KB, 575x309px
What things should I consider when buying a classic Mustang to use as a daily? I have a budget of $10k and don't have a preference for any particular engine/gearbox, I just want to have one to putt around town in.

How hard are these to live with? I'd be driving it between 5-15 miles most days.
>>
Let me tell you right Fucking now OP daily driver classics are literally a recipe for disaster
Be prepared to pay almost triple in repairs when shit hits the fan also have you ever considered the reason why no one really DD's classics unless they're fucking loaded?
>>
Lol 4 wheel drums and a big engine

Have fun dying when you can't stop or turn
>>
>>17613061

It's a shit car

All muscle cars are shit

Get a Fiesta and have more fun
>>
>wants to daily a 50 year old car
>budget of 10k
>>
>>17613061
Mostly rust. Research cowl rust for the absolutely worst thing you could get stuck with if you don't look. Also bad are shock tower rust/cracking, torque box rust and rocker box rust since those compromise the structural integrity of the unibody. Rust anywhere else is just annoying.

Other than that, drum brakes are a bit underwhelming but serviceable for DD status if maintained. You won't be chargin tru da twizties with them though. Even with self-adjusters you'll want to manually adjust them at least twice a year other wise you'll get a low pedal and pulling one way or another. Factory discs aren't all that btw. They mostly just eliminate some maintenance chores.

Driving? On good days they'll bring a smile to your face from their charm but they drive like a regular car so you won't be lording it over sport sedans. Minivans with a gazillion hp and thousand-speed transmissions will suck your headlights out from every stop and on every on-ramp. Accept that all you're doing is stylin' while cruising and you'll have a good time.
>>
As far as mustangs go. 10k is a good budget. Get the I6 or 289 for mpgs, but dont expect much more than that. Higher mainteance, but typically easy stuff. Mustang parts are super plentiful. Drum brakes and manual steering are easy to deal with.

I suggest rockauto for parts, i rebuilt my brakes for my 53 for like 80 bucks because of them.
>>
File: lqs6TC6.jpg (3MB, 2660x3524px) Image search: [Google]
lqs6TC6.jpg
3MB, 2660x3524px
>>17613061
If you
want a non shitpost answer from a person who dailys a classic (except winter) don't do it and with a budget of 10k you can get a nice car but you should always have a second car incase of breakdowns
>>
>>17613183
tpbp
>>
>>17613285
this. loads of parts for fuckin' cheap. cheap upgrades too. like >>17613218 said, its all about the rust.
>>
>>17613061
>as a daily
know what you're doing, or be prepared to pay someone who does.
beyond that, have fun. i enjoy my ratty old '66 quite a bit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.