[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /o/'s opinion on Vauxhall/Opel? I used to think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: opel_insignia_front.jpg (438KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
opel_insignia_front.jpg
438KB, 2400x1600px
What's /o/'s opinion on Vauxhall/Opel? I used to think they were a shitty peasant brand, but recently they seem to have done a 180 and have aesthetics similar to Jaguar and other high end manufacturers. Ironically, this happened just as they were bought by Peugeot. Anyone have any experience with these 2017 models? It seems too good to be true that they're suddenly a respectable car brand.
>>
>>
File: ast23.jpg (345KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ast23.jpg
345KB, 1620x1080px
>>
>>17611918
They used to make really cool stuff, from mini muscle cars to big comfy landbarges with a GM V8 under the hood.
Then they basically went to shit after the Omega, in the late '90s, like a lot of German manufacturers.
After killing off the Vectra and replacing it with the Insignia they started making pretty good cars again. The new Insignia is their last car developed under full GM ownership, and now there are rumours of PSA wanting to turn them into an electric-only brand which is kinda sad.
>>
>>17611940
Yeah, aren't the UK (and possibly other countries) trying to stop production of petrol/diesel automotives completely? It really pisses me off if true but maybe it's just because I know I'll be dead before CO2 fucks up the ozone so I don't care about the repercussions of combistion engines.
>>
>>17611940
>>after the Omega
This, my dad has an omega b1 2.5 v6. Was the first car I drove after getting my license. The mix between luxurious and sporty feel was very well done. You didn't get too much discomfort from shitty roads or bumps, but you still felt exactly how the car was responding.
It now has over 600k km and it's still working without needing a lot of maintenance.
>>
File: IMG_20170528_165206.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170528_165206.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
>>17611918
I liked mine, J gen.

Sold now. but i miss it...
>>
>>17612286
what did you get instead ?
>>
>>17612258
It's a shame so many Omegas rusted out, that's their only real weakness.
At least the platform lived on for many years in Australia, forming the basis for like 16 different gens of Commodore.
>>
>>17612346
Yeah, rust is their biggest enemy. Luckily my father worked part-time at a garage welding cars when he was in college.
He helped me repair the underside of my volvo 940, we made it somewhat stiffer too with extra beams across the underside. The opel still drives a lot better of course, but it was a noticeable improvement. I wouldn't have bought that volvo as my first car if he couldn't weld so well.
He had to take the omega's engine apart once, apparently the original owner had a shoddy repair job done. He revised the engine himself. The car wouldn't live so long with another owner, especially since it runs on lpg.
>>
>>17612291
a buss pass...
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.