[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broke uni kid here. Thinking of picking up this 2007 Honda Fit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: fit.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fit.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
Broke uni kid here. Thinking of picking up this 2007 Honda Fit 5 speed m/t as a daily driver for $1.5k. It has 230k kms on the clock. It's been looked after pretty well, no major issues.

I know that the first gen Fits tend to get rust under the seams towards the back of the car near where the hatch opens. Are there any other issues I should be aware of before I pull the trigger and buy this beater?

I'm planning on driving it for around 3-4 years. Obviously not retarded, and will be taking care of it and doing regular maintenance work.
>>
>>17611617
230km's is quite a lot how do you know they took care of it?
>>
>>17611657
the owner has a full maintenance history. There was some rust on the undercarriage, however the body was clean except for a tiny spot of rust on the rear right fender. I should also mention that there was no major rust on any of the suspension components.

I don't know if it matters but the owner is also throwing in a set of winter tires as well, and they seem to have pretty decent tread. The guy said the tires were 3 years old.
>>
>>17611617
Watch out for leaking along the rubber seal of hatch and doors... Mine used to leak like a bittch
>>
>>17611704
1.5k isnt that bad does it shift smooth?
You have test driven it right?
>>
>>17611724
Yup it shifts smoothly, that part doesn't worry me. What really worried me was the amount of kms it has. Does anyone know how long the L15a1 engines usually last?
>>
1.5k for something with 230k on it, you burgers crack me up man honestly
>>
>>17611747
no idea I can only suggest you get a compression test on it. Also find out if the suspension is good.
>>17611757
I don't think its an American buying since he said km and not miles.
>>
>>17611757
Canadian you ignorant fuck...
>>
>>17611617
No. Get a civic for 3k.
>>
File: LEAF.jpg (32KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
LEAF.jpg
32KB, 362x362px
>>17611757
meh close enough anon im actually a [fucking] LEAF from toronto
>>
>>17611617
>2007
>already rusted
Dat 1000 times folded grorious nippon steel.
>>
>>17611761
thanks man. Ill ask the guy if he's cool with taking it to my mechanic to have him run a compression test. I'll also have the car lifted up so that we can take a look at the undercarriage just to make sure the suspension is ok and that there are no major defects.
>>
>>17611854
Don't fucking bother. It's a piece of shit. Get something that isn't rusted and isn't prone to hatch leaks.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.