[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently bought a 2007 Golf GTI, and it came with this remote.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 20170726_231826-1.jpg (902KB, 2118x2361px) Image search: [Google]
20170726_231826-1.jpg
902KB, 2118x2361px
I recently bought a 2007 Golf GTI, and it came with this remote. I have no clue what it is or what it does, or how to look it up, wondering if anyone knows or can help me!
>>
>>17609719
The icons of each function should be self explanatory.
>>
>>17609719
Its probably for whatever sound system it has/had in it. Congrats on the GTI, may it bring you many miles of joy
>>
>>17609732
I understand, but it doesn't seem to work, and I can't look it up, since I don't know what the remote is called.
>>
File: 20170703_174415.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170703_174415.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>17609719
you seem kinda fat. my hands aren't nearly that thiccc
>>
>>17609735
Lol.. Didnt even look at the buttons. Thats for whatever the previous owner ran the VAGcom software on
>>
>>17609735
Appreciate that. I got lucky and found it with 75k on it.
>>
>>17609719
Did you google 2007 golf gti remote control?
>>
>>17609738
Not sure then, last owner or someone else must've lost it in your car.
>>
>>17609747
Nothing came up except car key remotes
>>
>>17609743
Where would I find that? Assuming its still a part of the car?
>>
>>17609761
Yea, Id hold onto it, but Im pretty sure thats for some vagcom magic shit. The previous owner probably kept whatever he was using to run that shit
>>
First thing you should do when youve bought a car is read all the manuals cover to cover, you learn so much about the car and what it can do you literally would not know without reading the manual. I'm sure that remote has it's own section if its not aftermarket.
>>
>>17609769
It was probably on a laptop or some sort of other electronic that was put in the car after market and taken back out when it was sold. I've never seen that kind of remote before in a GTI, so I'm really not sure
>>
>>17609777
Unfortunately I don't have the manual yet. Have to buy it from VW online
>>
>>17609780
This is probably the best guess. Was most likely used for something the old owner put in himself. I have also never seen GTI's come with remotes like that
>>
Thanks guys!
>>
>>17609719
>it came with this remote. I have no clue what it is or what it does

The top three buttons should be a big hint to you. If you open up the battery compartment, it may have company and FCC ID information. That FCC ID will tell you the device it goes with.
>>
V A C
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.