[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they put flight control surfaces on indy cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: over9000hours.png (752KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
over9000hours.png
752KB, 800x533px
Why don't they put flight control surfaces on indy cars (or anything else) and do stunt jumps where they then land on all four wheels?
>>
File: This Thread.png (80KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
This Thread.png
80KB, 225x225px
>>17609335
Why don't they have roll cages that can keep a driver scratch free when going 300 mph to 0 in the blink of an eye?
>>
File: 1495115169152.png (251KB, 572x369px) Image search: [Google]
1495115169152.png
251KB, 572x369px
>>17609491
Good question
>>
>>17609335
long time indy fan and this idea sounds like it was dreamed up by a teenager.

don't get me wrong kid i had an overactive imagination as well, but i guess i didn't have an outlet to share the nonsensical things that popped in my head.

going into the air is bad, staying on the ground is good. if this happened people would die.
>>
>>17609535
I'm not saying this is something they should do in a race, it's just something they should use those cars for, as a separate sport
>>
File: 1500425155677.jpg (100KB, 544x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500425155677.jpg
100KB, 544x720px
>>17609491
>>17609535
Both of you are retarded for responding to this seriously. Nice drawing op
>>
You mean in like the speed racer movie?
>>
File: 975281289204.jpg (213KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
975281289204.jpg
213KB, 1200x798px
>>17609335
Why don't they increase weight savings by building their engines out of carbon fiber?
>>
>>17609535
>if this happened people would die.
What if we put control surfaces on the cars so people didn't have to die though? Then they could do sick flips and shit.
>>
>Go off ramp
>Try to do sick stuntz
>Wind blows the car off course and into the stands, murdering everyone
>Sports is banned faster than a pedo in the boy scouts.
>FIA wonders who the fuck came up with this shit.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>17609335
Because the car is meant to race, not perform in a freestyle competition

Also think of the insurance nightmare that woul be making a race track safe for both the drivers and the spectators when you have VERY fast cars driving at incredible hihg speeds that can go airborne and do sick tricks while in the air

Just go watch monster trucks if you want to see cars flying left and right
>>
>>17609961
Because you couldn't. That's a top to an engine
>>
>>17609989
>Year of our Lord 2020
>Indycar renamed MountainDew IndyCar Freestyle Series
>New rules mandate that the cars negotiate a series of ramps and hoops while racing around a track
>Points are awarded for airborne tricks, in addition to a conventional scoring system
>The public can now vote for the sickest trick of the race and award additional points for a driver
>New chassis provided by Lockheed Martin
>New engines provided by RollsRoyce
>New aero kit includes control surfaces to maximize air time and airborne agility
>Tracks are drastically different now
>Indianapolis estimated to allow cars to reach Mach 0.8
>First race of the season at Watkins Glen
>main straight has an half-mile-long gap between two huge ramps
>First lap
>Light crosswind hits the straight right when the cars are spinning and backflipping
>Cars collide with each other mid-air
>A 13-car pile-up rains on the grandstands in a glorious, fiery mess
>400+ casualties
>series cancelled until further notice
>FIA is laughing its ass off at Americans for their blatant safety obliviousness

>Year 2021
>FIA uses the lesson learned by the Americans to make cars even safer
>GTEs now have a dorsal fin too
>LMP1 and 2 get three dorsal fins, parachutes and external air bags like the ones used to land probes on mars
>every car has to be electric and recharged during the race with a 220V outlet
>Pit stops last 50 minutes but they are safer now because no fuel
>Formula 1 ditches tires and goes for train wheels, train tracks, overhead pantograph, suspended electricity cables and the cars are remote controlled.
>Races are now safer than ever because no overtakes, no fuel and no pit stops
>Another great year for Motorsport
>>
>>17610168
the beginning sounds like a tv show I watched as a kid
>>
>>17610509
found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuY-IImXghs
>>
>>17609335
Why don't you leave F1 alone and race Sherp ATV instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSs3oqvMs-4
>>
File: whipcoversmall.jpg (4MB, 2000x2506px) Image search: [Google]
whipcoversmall.jpg
4MB, 2000x2506px
>>17610168
>year 2025
everyone gets rid of parachutes and control surfaces for weight but the loops, jumps and corkscrews stay
>>
>>17611378
Ass mad Venus fan girls on suicide watch
>>
>>17609535
Just make the cars with american steel and nothing will be able to hurt the drivers inside.
>>
>>17611378
>The FIA, meanwhile, bans physical cars in the name of safety. Races are now basically a live stream of a LAN party of people playing iRacing on million dollar simulators. Gasoline-powered cars are still banned, even in videogames.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.