[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey friends Has anybody here built their own electric motorcycle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Hurricane_Suicide.png (371KB, 601x584px) Image search: [Google]
Hurricane_Suicide.png
371KB, 601x584px
Hey friends
Has anybody here built their own electric motorcycle from a frame?
Any guides/tips?
Or is this more of a /diy/ thread
>>
Pretty sure there are kits for that, samer if you want a single cylinder gas motor
>>
>>17609205
I've always wanted to do that but with go kart. I'm bumping your thread to update the possibility of someone posting a kit/schematic? All the kits I've googled are like, really crappy slow or children's karts. Looking for legitimate track capabilities.
>>
>>17609509
I don't think it's possible on the cheap but who knows
>>
>>17609793
Yea, I don't mind it being pricey. It would just be a fun project that isn't my main project car.
>>
The crudest version is getting a bycicle and just driving the motor against the rear wheel tire. Works surprisingly well.
>>
>>17609205
funny picture op
>>
>>17610050
Thanks
>>17610012
How would I mount it with the batteries? Doesn't seem like there is enough space
>>
>>17609509
I have a motorcycle engine from a wrecked 2002 gsxr and I've been planning to put it in a go kart. I have a list of things I can't decide on though

I probably need bigger wheels than come on normal kids/cheap go karts, but can't find any good source for size selection. I want to be able to launch obviously, but I really want it to be able to slide and drift

Should I try to move the clutch to a pedal or keep it as a lever?

I can't decide on suspension. On the one hand, it's one more thing to play with and spend hours tinkering away but on the other hand I'm cheap and I don't think it'll be something I can easily source secondhand nor do I have a weld setup. I live close enough to a large desert area I dream of going over dunes but I think I'll need suspension of some kind cruising over sand
>>
>>17609205
>motors
there are pretty powerful motors out there on enthusiast sites depending on what you want to spend and how far you want to go with it, most need a controller system to get the most out of them and brushless motors require one to function at all

>batteries
you can use old lead acid batteries but you're going to run into issues with weight, space, and energy density. Lipo packs are better in all three areas but you'll require something to make sure they're charging and discharging evenly. Unfortunately Lipo is a very expensive route, not only because of the cells but the extra circuitry to manage them. Still neither is going to have much range compared to a gas engine.

I was looking into mounting a ~10HP three phase brushless motor into a super cub frame at one point, but by my (admittedly rough) math I'd only have a max range of 40 miles before needing to recharge.
>>
>>17609205
>electric motorcycle
you mean scooter?
>>
>>17610290
I've thought about this lots and I've always reckon that you have it as a lever on the gear lever.

so have your sequential shift lever coming up next to the seat and attached to the top is your clutch lever. mount it on the front and you would disengage the clutch as you pull the next gear
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.