[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, I'm in search for a car. What I need tp know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 005.jpg (224KB, 1147x768px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
224KB, 1147x768px
Hey /o/, I'm in search for a car.

What I need tp know is what's wrong with old BMWs like a 325ci or a 740i, they all are within my budget and most seem in great condition. Are they really too good to be true? Are they money pits?

I really need to know because they seem like a really good deal
>>
>>17603033
>Old german """luxury"""
Maintenance nightmare, OP
>>
Just be prepared to spend the price of the car again on repairs
I'm not saying you'll need to, but you might depending on how well maintained it is
>>
>>17603060
This pretty much. Its best to be looking for a well cared for model with a thick book of paper work detailing all the repairs done.

Also learn to use a wrench.
>>
>is an old seven a money pit

Yes. main problem is the fuel tanks are known to rust straight through and they are an expensive replacement. Get the biggest engine you can, they're all potential disasters but dat V12 will make up for it.
>>
>>17603033
Theres nothing wrong with old Inline 6 BMWs
Why do you think people drift them? They're a good base for racing and drifting as they're reliable. 7 series is a potential money but 3 series and 5 series is much less likely.

Remember though you need to take care of BMWs otherwise it's gonna bite you in the ass
>>
>>17603033
If you live in EU - buy it if you want to
If you live in US - avoid like plague.
>>
>>17603033
those 7 series are total lemons

if you want a big luxury sedan get a 1998-2000 LS400
>>
>>17603033
if you have a budget, don't buy a bmw.
>>
>>17603033
Having owned an E36 328i and an E46 325ci for a combined 8 years, I would say many E36s out there right now are not worth it for how many are poorly maintained or approaching that point where everything just fails.

The E46 I drove was decent but if I could've gone back I never would've bought it. There's the subframe problem that exists, and taking that into account, unless you have 2-3k to just throw at it, no one should buy an E46.

That being said,
My E36 was fun af to drive and I miss it. It will definitely be a car I buy again when I get a decent salary.
My E46 definitely didn't give me the same feeling, but it had better creature comforts and I felt better driving girls around in it.
>>
>>17609027
Also, I knew a guy that had an E32 7 Series and holy shit that car was so comfy to ride in.
>>
>>17606339
This, I have a 98 and it's superb.
>>
>>17603033
Lexus SC 400 if you don't mind autotragic. Avoid BMWs because while they might be reliable, they're picky and when they do break, you may as well buy a new car for the price. The cars are fine, it's just the nature of european imports, and they're made with a dealership warranty in mind
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.