[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone think the original NSX was some analog hero?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: bdxsfdxfqwjvntbkdnsy.jpg (1MB, 5431x3137px) Image search: [Google]
bdxsfdxfqwjvntbkdnsy.jpg
1MB, 5431x3137px
Why does everyone think the original NSX was some analog hero?

I’ll tell you why. Because Honda was lazy AF and neglected the NSX for over a decade during which it saw no appreciable upgrades to its powertrain. Yeah, it got more displacement, but horsepower went largely unchanged. So everybody forgot that it was once a techno-showcase with variable valve timing, a V6 that made V8 power, and a lightweight aluminum chassis.

Instead everyone remembers it as as that oddball early-90's time capsule being sold through the mid-2000's. And guess what? Nobody bought it because it was hopelessly outdated and woefully underperforming. But like all fallen celebrities, everyone suddenly learned to love it after it died.

Newsflash, the new NSX is another crazy techno-showcase like it’s father that offers 918 Spyder technology for 911 Turbo money.
>>
>>17596161
The old NSX sold especially like shit in Europe and the new NSX will likely break its sales record.
>>
easily the most overrated of the big Japanese sports cars

I think most of its fans are annoying BRs who like it because Senna

the new one is one of the most underrated
>>
File: 32297380264_68eed46c64_k.jpg (304KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
32297380264_68eed46c64_k.jpg
304KB, 2048x1024px
>>
>>
File: nsx-group-test-311.jpg (207KB, 1600x1066px)
nsx-group-test-311.jpg
207KB, 1600x1066px
new NSX is objectively a good car but why would anyone get one when you could have a 570S instead
>>
File: NSX #902 TA1.jpg (303KB, 1599x1066px)
NSX #902 TA1.jpg
303KB, 1599x1066px
>>17596293
Is that Australia ?
>>
>>17596161

>old NSX sold like shit
>new NSX selling like shit

And people say it's not true to its roots.
>>
>>17596305
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKQBZYz_WhQ
I guess it depends on if you want to deal with Mclaren high maintenance cost and depreciation as they take a nose-dive farther than any super car.
>>
If i want jalop posts ill read jalop
>>
>>17596314
no idea
>>
>>17596329
that site that jerks off the old NSX like some kind of godmachine lmao
>>
>>17596329
You finna read dese nuts fa m
>>
>>17596305
Subjectively, I think the NSX looks much better.

Objectively, finding an acura/honda mechanic is much easier than a mclaren mechanic. The AWD would make it better for some places too.
>>
>>17596161
This! The NSX is my favourite car, so I've done a lot of research on it (since I can't actually buy one, being poor and all), and it always absolutely grinds my gears when people forget that it was an absolute technological marvel.

Yes, it's aged spectacularly, but that doesn't have anything to do with simplicity, as some retards seem to think was Honda's goal. It was to showcase that the Japanese could make a super car, and they did.
>>
>>
>>17596352
the NSX wasnt a supercar not even close
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.