[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /o/ can you guys help me my steering wheel shakes when I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1498763914627.jpg (30KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1498763914627.jpg
30KB, 480x477px
hey /o/ can you guys help me

my steering wheel shakes when I brake, mostly in low, city speeds. i replaced the discs and brake pads and it didn't go away.

what else can i check?
>>
Does the car have direct injection?
>>
maybe... the steering components?

check for loose tie rods.
>>
>>17594643
Likelihood in order imo. Other anons pitch in.
>Alignment.
>Properly bled brakes.
>Are you wheels aftermarket? If so do you have hub centric rings?
>Balanced wheels.
>ABS sensor.
>ABS module.
>>
Tie rod bushings
>>
I had these symptoms with a bad front wheel bearing.
>>
Most likely due to direct injection.
>>
thanks to all of you, will check in the morning
>>
>>17594643
>my steering wheel shakes when I brake
If the alloy rim is bent from hitting a curb at an angle, whenever you touch the brakes, you feel that uneveness. As to what was damaged, it can be the rim, the bearing, etc. That's because there are a variety of ways one can hit a curb or even a big dip at an angle.
>>
>>17594643
Front-end tie rods or maybe the front sway-bar.

Normally braking at high speed, the wheels have too much centrifigal force and stay stable. At lower speeds, they might ciliate because the sway bar is fucked, , the tires wobble because they cannot track and the slight angle they were pointed end simply becomes the peak of a sine wave of mechanical energy as the brakes distriute the braking force across the front brakes.

Since they are misaligned and no dampener is there, they shake from the mass of the rest of the car, slightly out of tune with the brakes of the front tries to maintain momentum beyond the front tires.

. Under high speed, the centrifugal weight of the front tires acts like a flywheel, Keeping the wheels steady through the deceleration.

I think maybe the sway bars. It's an easy enough check, if it isn't that it could be your suspension, especially if the vacillation happens after you hit a bump or lose traction.
>>
>>17594643
>my steering wheel shakes when I brake, mostly in low, city speeds.
Mine didn't shake, but I definitely felt the vibrations not only in the steering wheel, but from the car itself when I touched the brakes. It was an icy day on a downhill slope that was curved. I pressed the pedal too much and the car broke free and slid down. The right front tire slid into the curb of the curving road and the car came to a stop. After that day, the vibration occurred.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.