[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I need some advice I have a na miata shitbox that I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: th.jpg (9KB, 285x218px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
9KB, 285x218px
Hey /o/ I need some advice

I have a na miata shitbox that I really like but it's slow because of that n/a 1.6

I'm starting to get more into cars and I want something a bit faster. Currently I'm stuck between three options:

Comfy shitbox option
I buy something like a Buick roadmaster or Volvol 240 as a daily and put a flyin miata turbo kit on it once I get the drivetrain set up for the power (Ive got a pretty good grasp of what I need to get to make the miata fast, just not sure if it's worth it)

Motorcycle option
I buy a little 250cc motorcycle to drive around while I'm doing things like clutch work and stuff. I wouldn't mind dailying a motorcycle desu. With this option miata still gets the turbo build, ideally pushing 250hp if my roads could take it. This option is the cheapest option since I really wouldn't want to spend more than like 1200$ on a motorcycle

Sporty shitbox option
I buy a Craigslist rx7 or 240sx (my favorite cars I could realistically afford) and fix it up. Miata stays stock and I keep it as a reliable daily.

I could afford any one of these even tho I'm a college fag because I work a decent job full time

What do /o/?
>>
>>17594234

the 36 confirms OP is a faggot.
>>
I'm biased but having a bike just for a different commuting experience is fantastic.
It also makes you a better driver, both offensively and defensively.
>>
>>17594234
Jesus Christ my grammar is atrocious, in the first paragraph I'm putting the fm kit on the miata not the comfy shitbox
>>
>>17594246
Get a ninja 250, they're only like $1500 for a pretty mint condition one as long as you get one made before 2008.
If you live in the south it's an even better idea.

I just got a motorcycle and I guarantee you it is worth trying even if you had a fucking veyron.
>>
>>17594234
I'm heavily biased and will say motorcycle. Motorcycles are inexpensive, easy to work on and high performance as you need them. If you care, you'll look cooler on a $6000 bike than in a $6000 car.

By all means, wear the best helmet you can and whatever other gear you can afford. You can train up on a 400-500cc Twin or a 650-700cc single. Depending on how long you've been driving and how your brain can interpret traffic, how you react to dangerous situations, ect. If you have only been on the road like 0-4 years reconsider getting a bike or if you've been in an accident already with a car, don't do it, desu senpai.

Unless you are European or 3rd worrld or something, then, maybe get a 250cc bike. In the US you need at the minimum 650cc single or a 500cc twin to commute safely.
>>
>>17594236
this
/thread
>>
>>17594234
Fuck off, froposter, this isn't /b/.
>>
>>17594234
Volvo sounds comfy
>>
File: 1485451851292.jpg (38KB, 415x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485451851292.jpg
38KB, 415x640px
>tfw used to want a bike so fucking bad
>parents wouldn't let me have one for obvious reasons which was okay
>married with a kid now
>don't want to be a groundmeat patty
FUG I definitely missed my time to get one
>>
File: wbwewg volvo.jpg (136KB, 801x960px) Image search: [Google]
wbwewg volvo.jpg
136KB, 801x960px
>>17594234
See if you can find a volvo 700/900 with the turbo engine; cheap, comfy, reliable, safe. And with that sexy box design.
>>
>>17594234
If it were me, option 2. But only if you live in a good climate for it.

Hell just leave the Miata stock and spend a bit more a bigger bike, like some anons suggested. Then in a few years when you graduate, have more perspective, and a big boy job, you'll have even more options available to you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.