[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a problem, /o/ So I'm currently looking at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: nyoom.jpg (120KB, 1024x575px)
nyoom.jpg
120KB, 1024x575px
I've got a problem, /o/

So I'm currently looking at two vehicles, (please don't try to "red pill me" on picking different vehicles than the two listed, I just need help with the situation)

I'm currently looking at a 2 door 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport with 63,000 miles for $20k. I'm also looking at a 2015 Ford Focus ST with 22,000 miles for $21,500. I'm stuck in the middle and here's why;
I'm into off roading, my very first vehicle was a 1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ that I still own. I took it out to the desert all the time and I had so much fun. But I am looking into getting a newer vehicle. Yes, I know people are gonna say durr get the TJ if you're gonna get a jeep, or durr chrysler is poopie. The JK is fine. Sure the 3.8 isn't as good as the 4.0 but whatever. I want something new(er)

My dilemma is I'm into off roading, and there is so much I can do with the wrangler. I can put a (modest 2.5-3" lift) on it, get some bigger tires, winch, bumper, rock slider, etc and have a lot of fun with it by taking it to the desert, through forest trails but just nothing crazy. Essentially an overlander prepped for some very minor crawling.

But with the ford focus, I can get great mileage for the job I'm taking where I'll have to commute about an hour each way. Plus I've always wanted a stick car over a stick truck/suv. Problem with the focus is I can't really do much to it because I'm not a street car kind of guy. I don't like zipping around corners, I don't like racing people on the road, I just would like to drive from point a to point b.

What do I do
>>
File: 1469819157880.jpg (56KB, 616x394px)
1469819157880.jpg
56KB, 616x394px
>>17586305
if u got gahones of steel this is the thing for u not that I'm sexist if u got tits o titanium u might b able to pull er off too but she's a friggin lightning death machine. not for kids, slow goers, nay sayers, dummies, the inexperienced, the overconfident, or little bitches u better strap on your big boy shoes to get behind this wheel otherwise I'll grab u a rag to just wipe that babyface off an go home. this bad mofo was originally a Joyner 650, now has a beasty 1000 cc. yamaha 4 cylinder 4 stroke rx1 snowmobile motor 160 hp and 14000 rpm. it's belt drive to a trans with reverse an then goes to a friggin posi rear diff. she's a bit piiiiissssed off an riiipss naaasty fast. does over 100 an like BAM. she'll drift ya sideways at like 50 on dry pavement so better hang onto your panties. with this thing u can make the sand your bitch. so if u think u got what it takes to run what really moves n shakes hit me up. but I tell u what she's fast as shit after taco bell but could almost use a little heavier upper roll cage she runs good but could use a little carb cleaning but new tires an battery an shocks n spare belt. 3800 obo possible trade for 215 or?

no tirekickers bullshitters solicitors or lolligagors.
>>
The Wranglers are the meme of the Jeep world, anyone who actually offroads will look down on you. If you're dead set on buying the most normie and worst model of the Jeep line then go for the Jeep. You'll hate yourself if you bought that focus because it's a 1 use car, you can't go offroading in a focus. You can, but let's not be rash.

>sure the 3.8 isn't as good as the 4.0

And for good reason, but if you're dead set on getting the WRX of the offroad community go ahead. Those Wrangler's are a cunt to work on.

.t ex Wrangler and current cherokee owner and my ex use to have a rubicon I'd wrench on
>>
If you want a Jeep, get it with the pentastar V6. The 3.8 was garbage. For your price range also consider a FJ Cruiser.
>>
I wouldn't want to daily an offroad vehicle. I don't even like DDing old SUVs.

I'd say get a sporty road car and if the offroad bug hits gran something used you won't mind beating up on the trail.
>>
Horrible deal on the jeep, a new wrangler sport would only run you ~4k more
>>
>>17586543
This one is through carmax. Already has a 3" procomp/rubicon express lift and some 33" AT tires that are fairly new. A little upset it's got the lift already cause I was looking forward to doing it myself, but it saves a little time and money
>>
>>17586430
I don't really care about other people's opinions of me. I had a 97 TJ and an XJ, even a 92 Toyota pick up all manual, all off road prepped personally.
I'm not gonna mall crawler it either.
3" lift, 33" tires, maybe some steel wheels swapped in, weld up a new front bumper and rock sliders/skid plate, winch and most likely a CB radio for if I wheel alone and get stuck somewhere.
Maybe even swap out the 30 up front for a 44.
>>
>>17586458
I've been doing it since I've learned to drive, that's why I'd like something that isn't too old and fairly new so it's got a more comfortable ride. I've already got a few beat up vehicles but I'll most likely be selling them. I never like beating up my trucks cause they're all special to me. Plus I never do anything to really actually beat them up with.
>>
You already know which one to get.

You just want the wrangler because it's an emotional purchase which is a stupid shitty idea. The Focus will give you a more livable car while you work your way up to owning a Wrangler.
>>
>>17586305
you seem like you have already made your decision
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.