[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw go to dealer with intent to buy a new car >tfw ask

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1482113494895.png (36KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1482113494895.png
36KB, 633x758px
>tfw go to dealer with intent to buy a new car
>tfw ask to test drive it first
>tfw sales person wouldn't let me

Anyone else ever encounter this bullshit?
>>
Did you start with "I'm going to buy x and z shitbox today" they don't want their time wasted you gotta be serious and show it
>>
>>17580831

Yes I did and he told me that it was policy that they don't allow test drivers on their high end cars. I still pressed and he went and talked with his manager and when he came back he still said no.
>>
File: IMG_20170709_120521~2.jpg (2MB, 3439x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170709_120521~2.jpg
2MB, 3439x1632px
>>17580861
I'd find a different dealer. Tell them how you'd like to buy the car and just want to try it out first. Then explain the bullshit about the other dealer. They'll love to call them up and say they sold a car to you. A Cadillac dealership near me brought out an ATS-V and 2 CTS-V cars out just for test driving one time. So they're out there.
>>
>>17580861
This. Any good dealership without a stick up its ass doesn't worry about test drives, that's what their inaurance is for. Only pseudoeliteist faggot owners have policies like this because they think anyone whos not a business exec in their 50's is subhuman and poor.

Dealerships that actually give a shit about the cars they sell love giving them test drives. The reasons the Focus RS hasn't sold for shit and why its getting canned after its 'legacy run' is because every single ford dealership had a giant fucking red rocket about them and marked then $20,000 up from mark, then acted shocked when they had inventory 200+ days old. Ford sees that shit and cancels them.

Any dealership that won't let you walk up and teat drive a car without any bullshit isn't worth your time, and make sure you tell the manager that too, fuck even ask if the owners available and tell him. If they won't even let you test drive, the rest of the process is gonna be a night mere, and any time your gonna have to come back for schedule maintenance, you know the techs working on your car were hired by a shit owner, etc, because shitty owners trickle down into every aspect of a dealership.

When you do go to a good dealer and get your new car, pull it right up to the very front of the old one, find the nearest dealership exec and give him the phone number of the salesmen you worked with, and tell him if he has questions about selling cars in the future to call him.
>>
If Benz won't let you buy their fancy car without a credit check, 1.5 kidneys and a down payment, laugh your way right over to Porsche, test drive and buy a nicer car there, and then drive it back over to the salesman to show him how much he fucked up. You have to rub it in, and while he won't get your business, he'll be more lenient to the next customer/sucker, or they end up shutting down.

Plus you get to rub your victory boner and new car in the salesman's face.
>>
Do you look poor? :^)
>>
>>17580926
Another idea would be to leave a sheet of paper at the offending dealership, buy a Porsche, drive back to the offender's lot in it parked right out front, involve the employees in helping you look for your missing sheet of paper, find it, thank them for their time and profusely apologize to them for not being able to make a deal on their car; having to "settle" for a much easier experience at the Porsche dealership across the street.

If you wanted to be a super dickhead about it you could bring the manager in, walk him over to your new Porsche and tell him that his salesman caused you to buy this car instead of one on your lot. Fucking brutal
>>
>>17580719
After 10 years of selling new cars with three different brands I can safely say that if you cant get a test drive after walking on the lot you must look and behave like an absolute unredeemable looser.

I mean, I have helped alot of customers and have seen first hand how low the bar is set to deny someone service. Its set really low. We help people and test drive people that admit they are unemployed currently, admit they wont be able to afford a car for a year or so (lol) , people who seemed to haven't bathed for a week, people who don't even speak a mutually intelligible language.

I have denied test drives to 3 people that I can recall: A guy who wanted to bring his kid and didn't have a car seat, a guy who had multiple sclerosis and was shaking like Michael J Fox and wanted to drive a new m/t corvette, and an lady who was drunk and having a psychotic episode.

So you must look and act like more of a train wreck than all these people. Go hope, get your life together. They own those vehicles. They are not obligated to sell you anything just as you are not obligated to buy anything. Its a voluntary transaction. Do you get mad when girls dont want to fuck you when you walk up to them in public slobbering all over them without a chance in hell of smelling thier farts?

Grow up Peter Pan.
>>
>>17580873
>>17580917

There's only one dealer thats local, the next one is 3 hours away

>>17580926

It's a Subaru dealer, not Mercedes

>>17580939
>>17580966

I'm ugly and autistic but I take care of myself and dress nice.
>>
>>17580719
>>17582928
I've never been denied a test drive. The last two cars I bought from a dealer were an S2000 and a 4C. When I bought the S2000, the salesman let me take it on a test drive by myself when I asked. When I bought the 4C, the salesman had it outside and ready for a test drive when I got to the dealer. And then he took me to a local back road so I could push the car a bit.

Maybe you should try going somewhere else if you only went to the one dealer.
>>
>>17582999
what do you do for work?
>>
>>17580719
Years ago my grandma was set on buying a Dodge Viper. She got offended when they implied she couldn't afford it and ended up walking out.

>spoiler

$he's loaded
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.