[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any bros is in the la area (or heavy traffic area nyc/miami)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0397.png (29KB, 741x568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0397.png
29KB, 741x568px
any bros is in the la area (or heavy traffic area nyc/miami) drive a manual transmission as a daily?

whats it like?
askin for a friend
>>
>Leg can get tired
>Little annoying but only if you are already annoyed from work or something.
>Makes up for it by being fun all the other times

It's not bad, I live on on oahu, we have some of the worst traffic in the country.
>>
>>17580142
thnx m8

also forgot to mention other countries were traffic is heavy so euro muscles chime in plz
>>
>>17580132
Orange County but "round round get around, I get around."
Only once in my life have I thought "FUCK, I WISH THIS WAS AUTO" and it was because I spent more than 6 hours in stop and go between Anaheim and Palm Springs.
Other than that, I barely ever notice it, and wouldn't trade it for an auto or paddleshift car ever.
>>
>>17580132
I'm up in the South Bay which has almost as shitty traffic as LA, and I don't have any issues commuting with a manual. I have other cars with autos, but I still usually commute in the manual cars.
>>
>>17580132
Do it for uber/lyft. Leg gets tired in maybe 3-4 hours vs never in an automagic, car has a heavy clutch though. You learn to just let traffic flow and then cruise 2 car lengths behind instead of riding the bumpers, as if that does anything.
If you like manuals the traffic wont matter because of that one time you can open up on the throttle down pch or downshifting before a downtown tunnel.
>>
Once you git gud at manual you won't even think about it, even in traffic.

just do it faggot
>>
>>17580132
My car has direct injection so it is easy to drive in traffic.
>>
>>17580132
Everyone do it in Europe. Dumb American frogposter.
>>
>>17580132
I go to Cincinnati for car meets car meets and church two times a week and they've closed Down the bridge to downtown so I have to go through a bit of traffic

In my miata at least they're not bad at all. I also had a jaguar x type manual and those have notoriously screwy clutches. Really hard to get them to engage properly. Drove that through traffic a lot as well.

They're not bad, at first your leg may get a bit tired but you'll build up a lil muscle on your chicken legs for it. Definitely worth the minor annoyance.
>>
>>17580132
Wrong board, frogposter, gb2/b.
>>
Im in LA and daily a manual. I do just fine. im either on the 101, 134, or 5 depending on what site im driving to. the 101 is the worst but your right ankle will get tired before your left leg. remember pushing the clutch is a full leg exercise and going between the gas and brake is ankle only.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.