[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do hellcats that come with the red fob have mechanically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: hellcat fobs.jpg (34KB, 480x292px)
hellcat fobs.jpg
34KB, 480x292px
What do hellcats that come with the red fob have mechanically that normal hellcats don't? Where does the extra 65 hp come from? It can't be from the key itself that doesn't make any sense
>>
>>17579326
It actually does come from the key. The red dye contains chemicals that react with the ignition cylinder
>>
>>17579326
Mine came with two. The black one locks the car at 500hp and the red one unleashes the beast.
>>
>>17579326
It changes the ECU tune
>>
>>17579326
the red one doesnt add power. the black takes it away.
>>
>>17579347
>>17579366
>>17579326
this tbqh
>>
>>17579326
All hellcats have a red and black key.
>>
A little off topic but why would you ever use the black key? Seems to kind of defeat the point of the no holds barred performance Hellcat series for it to be neutered by the owner

It is it do with normies wanting better gas mileage or something?
>>
>>17579521
Probably just Dodge trying to minimize the number of pictures of hellcats wrapped around trees and poles.
>>
>>17579521
i think it's from a legal stand point like with some buggies and quad (depend on the cunt too)
they're legally limited to a certain amount of power ( on the road) but it's legal to use on private property or where it doesn't bother anyone (off road)
so you have the black key to have your vehicle road legal (in this case it's probably MPG rating and emission )
and the red keys for when you need the power
>>
>>17579521
Easier to daily and slightly less worrying if you deal with valets
>>
>>17579548
It has a valet mode that severely limits revs, throttle response, and in an auto starts in 2nd.
>>
>>17579521
To give to your wife
>>
>>17579588
My wife says, "when do I get to drive your Hellcat." To which I reply, "never".
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 730x547px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 730x547px
>>17579326
Of course it comes from the key. Certain keys are programmed to allow the car's computers only reach a certain performance level. You can control anything with computer programming.

Honda was doing it in the 90s with their motorcycles. This technology has been around for a long time. Pic related.
>>
>>17579610
It doesn't "come from the key". One key limits, the other does not.
>>
>>17579521
It's called a valet key.
>>
>>17579326
I bet the black key costs $150 to replace.

I bet the red key costs $200 to replace.

Its all italian jew bullshit.
>>
>>17579548
>>17579588
no that would be the pink key that disables a whole bank of cylinders and dumps all supercharger boost
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.