[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>try everything in my power to get a car >some bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: hmmm.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>try everything in my power to get a car
>some bullshit gets in the way or I have to spend my car savings on school shit
>The single decent condition manual civic in my area was being sold by a white trash vape lord, and even that didn't go through because the faggot didnt have a fucking title
>Even if I did buy it I probably wouldnt be able to afford insurance
It's literally impossible to buy a car for a 20-something these days without daddies money.
Especially if they cuck themselves with hard schooling like I did with med school.

Thanks Democrats. I really hope you faggots are happy.
>>
File: 1423161437430.jpg (305KB, 806x605px) Image search: [Google]
1423161437430.jpg
305KB, 806x605px
So fucking true. I wouldn't have been able to get a car that wouldn't shit itself within 100km of driving without financial support from my family.
>>
>didn't fuck around in high school
>got full scholarship to decent school
>got decent job making $70k annual
>paid cash for both my vapemobile and motorcycle and have flawless credit

Go take a look in the mirror and blame that guy
>>
>>17578788
Im 22 with a credit score of 780.
And I graduated with a biochem degree and a 3.8 GPA, hence why im in med school.i
The problem is that what little I was able to save up (around 5k) is nothing if I want to actually buy the damn car, insure it, pay all the fees etc. We're not even talking about repairs or running costs here.
Oh and im also 60k in debt, and that's after one fucking year in med school, my undergrad was free.

Again, it's literally impossible for a young person to be able to afford a car on their own because of shitty Democrat economics.
>>
>>17578677
It you're going to school why not just get a loan for rent and food and then work during the summer? That's what I did. Could afford a car, got to live in a nice apartment that I lived in even after I graduated. Yeah I had some debt but I lived stress free for 4 years and am making 90k a year now.
>>
>>17578868
>Again, it's literally impossible for a young person to be able to afford a car on their own
>im also 60k in debt
You can't afford a car because of your life choices. You might be better off later in life, but you have no one to blame but yourself for being unable to afford a car right now.
>>
>>17578868
I know plenty of people that can afford their own car in their 20s. Not everyone goes to school for 8 years and is in debt out their fucking ass. At 22 with a kid I was able to buy a brand new 60,000 dollar car. If you want to go to school and do your dream job that that is perfect but realize you're gonna be poor for a little bit
>>
File: 3902994144_d82513f153.jpg (115KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
3902994144_d82513f153.jpg
115KB, 500x289px
Just get the better alternative to the civic, get an Integra GS-R.
>Inb4 lol le car thiefs
Just get a steering wheel lock and make an ignition switch. Plus, most nigs can't drive stick
>>
>>17578677
>>17578788
>>17578868
>>17579101
>>17579232
Educated people is what's best for society, yet, society makes life harder for those who will benefit it. It's harder for those who will benefit society to benefit society, because of society.
>>
>21
>have already purchased two cars and a motorcycle
if you are looking at cars that cost more than 1000 bucks that is your problem
>muh manual RWD drift mobile
>>
>>17578868
In total, I've spent about $3k on my camry over a year. This doesnt include insurance or fuel.

It can be done, anon. But I wouldn't have chose grad school so idk.
>>
File: .png (43KB, 1038x773px) Image search: [Google]
.png
43KB, 1038x773px
>>17578677
you medqueers are insufferable.
>oh no, woe is me! 4 more years of undergrad 2: electric boogaloo until i get my guaranteed 200k+ job
neck yourself, faggot.
>>
>>17579882
Having just got my undergrad in ME, what would you recommend for grad school? Im going to work for a few years first, but I would love to go back some day.
>>
>>17578677

my car (nissan xterra) -6500

down payment -500

car payment -210/mo @ 36 mo

insurance -120/mo

gas -50/mo

total: 380/mo

How poor are you my dude? I'm in the military at 19 and can afford this easily.
>>
>>17580021
don't go into a phd program unless you get a bitching deal. some companies offer to keep you on their payroll while you complete your phd. the reason why this is nice is because you'll have an actual, livable wage and not the crap 25-30k that phd students get paid. although, admittedly, your live will be a little harder because you'll have to work on your phd and also work for the company.

like most US citizens in a phd program, i just got suckered into it because i couldn't even get a call back from any interesting job (i had no interest in being a CAD monkey) so this seemed like the best choice at the time. most of the program is filled with foreigners (chinese and indians) in it for the visa.

i would honestly just do a masters, though. i think coursework only is the best choice since you can take evening classes while you work, but i guess a thesis masters could potentially open up some more opportunities for you (unlikely.)
>>
>>17578677
>be trying to save up for a new car
>going through local carwash with my DD Accord
>Carwash destroyed my rear window and put body and finish damage everywhere else
>carwash takes charge, gives me a rentals and tell me they'll fix my car as they're co-located with a maintenance shop for Hondas
>give me some giant truck that eats gas as a loaner
>call them a week later, they say they didn't admit liability, my car still hasn't been cleaned of the glass shards or worked on

Now I have some giant loaner truck piece of dogshit while my baby is being held hostage until someone pays up. I don't have money to get a new car, or to lawyer up and sue. This is shit and I want my car back. They're shit and I hope they die off like the scum they are.
>>
>>17578677
blame cash for clunkers and cars4(((kids)))

nobody sells their cars anymore, they just trade them in every 5 years.
>>
>>17580075
>>Carwash destroyed my rear window and put body and finish damage everywhere else
>>carwash takes charge, gives me a rentals and tell me they'll fix my car as they're co-located with a maintenance shop for Hondas
>>give me some giant truck that eats gas as a loaner
>>call them a week later, they say they didn't admit liability, my car still hasn't been cleaned of the glass shards or worked on
Sounds like they fucked up your car on purpose to "take it off your hands" in exchange for a shitbox truck
>>
>>17579882
my school uses that same trash... those same requirements as well
>>
>>17578677
Nigger there are $400 running Sunfires with titles for sale on craigslist in my area right now. If you actually NEED a car there isn't an excuse for trying to get your specific model and condition and finding out it's near impossible.

Just go on Craigslist, sort to whatever your budget is, and pick the one with the highest quality/price ratio and just fucking get it.
>>
>>17580056
Thanks, anon. Im guessing funding for a masters is difficult - I might create a 529 to help pay or something.

The goal is to get something from an employer. I just I hope I can find one that I like working for that long.

Best of luck to your thesis.
>>
>>17579101
>life choices
you're acting like I took out 60k to buy heroin with you fucking queer.
Every half decent education is expensive as fuck in cuck land because education (see: gender studies degree) is a right in liberal land.
And because federal and private student loans exist schools can now charge 50k a year for fucking psych degrees.
>>
>>17578868
Holy shit the way you whine and complain are you sure you are not a Democrat.

Do you need a car right now? You are bitching about school debt, but once you finish your residency you should be making a healthy amount of money. At that time you can get a car you want. Right now maybe your entire life focus should be on finishing med school.

If you do need a car right now, there are options that are pretty cheap. The Civic is going to have a bit of a meme tax. I daily a $2000 Saab that I bought a few years ago and have put over 100k miles on. You do need to know what you are buying though, if you don't, find somebody that does.
>>
>>17581300
I was gonna yell at you some more but good taste with the Saab.
And my point is that I wont really be making that much money.
~250k in debt at 7 percent plus the 3 more years of residency where I'll be making McDonald's money means that most of my paycheck will be gone before I even see it.
Also internists don't make that much anymore so that also factors in. Literally thank you, Obama
>>
>>17581316
Do what another anon here said and get a cheaper car and don't be such a fucking faggot trying to get a specific one.

Post your local Craigslist and have someone here find you a car.
>>
>>17581316
>And my point is that I wont really be making that much money.
>~250k in debt at 7 percent plus the 3 more years of residency where I'll be making McDonald's money means that most of my paycheck will be gone before I even see it.
You are fucked for many years, but it seems internists make over 150k starting out according to the interested. That of course grows overtime.
>>
>>17580045
not OP but if you don't realise, the military pays you a salary
>>
>>17581363
Im looking at a fucking 3k civic here man
You can't get cheaper than that and still expect any kind of reliability.
>>17581368
Indeed I am. Fuck my parents for pushing me into the med meme for all the "muh son is a doktur" cred.
I'm mainly worried that internists are getting fucked by PAs and NPs. NYC hospitals are actually starting to lay off staff in favor of the cheaper PA labor.
>>
>>17581284
You're right, but he kinda makes a point.
I might be a bit biased/ignorant coming from a country there any kind of university/college is free. But i worked for 2 years after highschool before entering a university and i managed to buy a decent car already after the first couple of months, I was 19 back then. I don't know how the system works over there, but going to university right after highschool feels like a mistake.
>>
>>17578677
It costs half my monthly income to car insurance and gas, I make around 24 a year. It sucks and it was rent an apt or buy a car and I think my choice is good.
>>
>>17584091
So where do you live?
>>
>>17578677
>still using a car that I bought for under $2000 4 1/2 years ago and that has only needed a couple hundred in repairs over that time
>some how some faggot on a board for automotive enthusiasts can't manage to get any car at all
>hur dur it's the Democrats' fault
What the fuck are you doing with your life? How are you even getting by if you can't afford a car in your 20s? Do you even have a job? Are you just mooching off your parents as a fucking NEET? Also, consider that you more than likely can't afford the basic upkeep on a car. I've already paid about 1.5x my car's value for gas and liability only insurance over the past 4 1/2 years.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.