[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just picked up a '96 Infiniti Q45 with 230k miles for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1996-infiniti-q45-11[1].jpg (602KB, 1024x750px) Image search: [Google]
1996-infiniti-q45-11[1].jpg
602KB, 1024x750px
I just picked up a '96 Infiniti Q45 with 230k miles for a song
it's got some issues here and there, but only one that really worries me

when I make a left had turn, the wheel does not want to return to center fully
the sharper the turn, the less it returns to center
however, contrary to turning left, when I make a right hand turn (especially a tight one), it sort of resets and returns to center (or almost all the way, the slight bit of slop left is an alignment issue I think)

the weird left-right turn asymmetry of the issue seems weird to me
anyone got any ideas?
>>
take it to a dealer
>>
>>17575236
lame
>>
Why the fuck would you buy a car with 230000 miles?
>>
>>17575075
Well for starters get the car off the ground and check for visual damage or play. Your alignment and steering angle isn't that fucked unless shit is broken.
Your steering rack bushing is more than likely fucked if not the rack/tie rods itself.
Check the front radius/tension rods/bushings. They're the arms that face forward & rearward on your front lower suspension controlling the caster.
I mean to be fair it's old as fuck, prepare for a new everything made of rubber. I had a 97 with 70k miles and it still needed a lot of shit
>>
>>17575476
I've seen people here unironically refer to 120k miles as "low mileage"

These cunts are mad
>>
>>17575476
I bought a car with 214,000. It was a one owner with a 2 inch thick book of maintance records. Have since put on about 35,000 miles with no problems.

Most high mileage cars are shit though.
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 1024x768px
>>17575075
Your tie rods are shot

Get it fixed asap. If one snaps from too much metal on metal friction from the bushings being degraded, you're goign to snap one on the highway, which means your wheel will basically turn, slump over, and the car will land on it.

I'd it's not that, its a shot steering racks.
Did you buy the car from a nigger who lives in an inner city full of potholed roads? Or some dumb woman who hpdeives over curbs?

The q's area nice cars. Pretty rare. But you should had bought a nicer example or a lexus you dumb shit. The first gen q is the better drivers car, but most have been scrapped by now
>>
>>17575746
>>17575553
looking around to other places with the tie rod clue leads me to believe this is the issue

not a "car guy" (/k/ommando usually) but I'm would like to start doing more on my vehicles than just oil changes
are tie rods something that I can replace myself, or something that is best left to professionals?
>>
>>17576453
Yes you can do it, it's super easy. If you can take a gun apart & put it together you can do tie rods on a Nissan. You'll def need it aligned after though so keep that in mind.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.