[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting to get sick of this car. It always has problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: beamer.jpg (271KB, 1024x768px)
beamer.jpg
271KB, 1024x768px
I'm starting to get sick of this car. It always has problems and the cost to maintain it is ridiculous. Should I just get rid of it?
>>
>>17574884
It will only get worse mate
>>
>>17574900
It's like the computer picks something at random every other month to complain about.

Should I sell?
>>
>>17574884
what issues are you having? and it's going to get real expensive if you take it to people for maintenance.

bmw parts cost marginally more expensive than domestic, but a shop will overcharge like crazy.

i still like my 09 328i

i've had to replace a few sensors and fix some electrical issues, but never had any mechanical problems with this one yet.
>>
>>17574884
Should have gotten a German car they are expensive to maintain
>>
>>17574909
do it desu. buy another car you like.
>>
>>17574919
Shouldn't
>>
>>17574914
Well recently the battery was fucked up, and now the air conditioning doesn't function properly on the low setting. I opted not to get that fixed.

>>17574922
My apprehension with doing so is that I love driving it.
>>
Yeah bro get rid of it and buy a lexus instead
>>
>>17574926
what do you mean the battery was fucked up?

is it dying?

don't listen to these guys or we'd all be driving 93 miatas.
>>
>>17574926
Get infiniti/lexus rwd v6 equivalent.
Alternatively fwd v6 from either company as well
You can get some altimas/accords with a manual
>>
>>17574935
The car was having problems starting so I took it in and they put in a new battery, which did fix the issue.
>>
Man I don't know what's going on with yours, mine's 10 years old and doing fine.

Granted it's not the V8 which is known to have issues.

I wouldn't sell it man, not until you need a rebuild or the tranny gives out
>>
>>17574884
Get a Volvo.
>>
>>17574936
I was thinking of getting a newer BMW but is the difference in upkeep really that different from a Jap competitor?
I'm not a badge snob, but I like the aesthetics of BMWs and hear they're generally higher quality or drive better.
>>
>>17575027
Jap cars usually have cheaper parts, but I don't think that should be the deciding factor

If you love the aesthetics and driving feel of a bimmer as I do, then accept no substitute. What cars are you considering anyway?
>>
>>17574909
buy a mr2 spyder
>>
>>17574884
Just do it it's what I had to do.
>>
>>17575064
I'm between an F30 335xi, an Infiniti Q50, and a G37x if I want something a little cheaper.
I haven't had a chance to drive them for comparison, and the aesthetics are about equal for all of them. I'm trying to balance every element including reliability and upkeep because it's going to be a daily drive.

>>17574973
How are Volvos? They've always seemed pretty understated and I rarely see or hear of them, but on paper the S60 seems nice.
>>
>>17575129
In my opinion, definitely either the infiniti g37x or the 335xi

Honestly they're in the same boat maintenance wise, infiniti parts are going to be pricier than your typical jap car so the difference in maintenance will be negligible at best.

Personally I would take the 335xi since I'm a bimmer nut but the infiniti g37 is a great car too.
>>
dude dont' buy an infinity. buy a lexus or some shit.
>>
>>17575129
You should try a W204 class. All the rest of those cars I just find boring especially the F30. If you need AWD they have the 4matic.
>>
Sold my schnitzel mobile and bought a slantwagon. Best decision I've ever made.
>>
>>17575556
So you went from supreme to poverty tier why?
>>
But weren't german cars the pinnacle of reliability and engineering?
>>
>>17575558
>Bavariafags on here pretending like they can afford to regularly replace $500 sensors on their fuhrur car that was designed to break immediately out of warrenty

Slantmobiles are more HP/$. Community isn't a bunch of pseudoeliteist faggots with their daddies cars/cars they're afraid to actually drive cause they spent they're last 10 paychecks just getting it running again.

Embrace the seen.
>>
>>17575572
My slantmobile(g35) was a pile of shit interior and the parts were pretty expensive. Keep pretending also all communities are filled with faggots it better to stay inside.
>>
>>17575602
Lol you fucking retard nice strawman

>"Older american cars are best"
>oh yeah well my ford pinto was a piece of shit so your wrong

Of course your g35 was a piece of shit, every g35 ever made was shit, and only no-oil-changing dipshits,woman, and basketball-americans buy/own them. Of course you think all communities are full of faggots after driving one of those. If your dumb enough to own a g35 you dont even deserve to ride the bus to the paint sniffing factory you work at you should have to walk everywhere.
>>
>>17575625
I'm not that guy but what's wrong with the g35? I know jap cars have garbage interiors but on paper it seems like it would be a decent car
>>
>>17574941

Batteries fail anon. They fail in every brand of every model.

That's like saying that your car is unreliable because your tires wore out.
>>
are e90 good bimmers or are all bmws unreliable?
Found one 2005 e90 320d manual for 6200 euro at 160k km. If its in a good shape from prev owner should I buy it? As long as I take care of it regularly it unlikely it will break right or do they just randomly break?
>>
>>17574884
Let me guess. It's 5-7 years old now?
>>
>>17575064
Jap cars don't have German autism that comes with servicing them either. Less sooper sekrit rituals only the dealer is granted to know.
>>
>He fell for the BMW meme
If you want to go german, go Mercedes or nothing at all
>>
>>17574926
I have no idea about BMW climate control systems, but once a Merc HVAC system stops working, it'll never work right again.
>>
>>17575536
I looked into the C-Class and it seems kind of cramped, and I've had bad experiences with Mercedes in the past. The options I was looking at aren't as flashy, but they're a bit bigger fit the bill better for what I'm looking for.
>>
>>17575958
Do it, the engine is unkillable
>>
>>17575981
Yeah, I'm sitting in that boat right now. I live in the south so the temperature is not optimal.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.