[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are the varying opinions on /o/ about the Golf R? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 346234563456345.jpg (105KB, 900x596px)
346234563456345.jpg
105KB, 900x596px
what are the varying opinions on /o/ about the Golf R?

I'm thinking about getting one in a few years before the complete refresh in 2020. current vehicle is a 2016 FiST
>>
>>17574620
It's too expensive for most of /o/ so we'll just make up reason to hate it.
>>
>>17574620
I'd just get the GTI + ECU map.
>>
>>17574620
>bought a shitty "hot" hatch
>wants another one
What are you, a eurocuck? Get something with a V8.
>>
File: vw_golf_r_2017_5[1].jpg (355KB, 1700x1132px) Image search: [Google]
vw_golf_r_2017_5[1].jpg
355KB, 1700x1132px
>>17574620

Very good car, but can you afford it?
>>
>>17574627

yea the 40k price tag isn't exactly throwaway money for me, but I can make it work

>>17574648

>buy a V8

no

>>17574655

yeah. gonna do some saving for the down payment so I can knock off a solid chunk. I'm not going to buy into the 72-84 month loan meme either
>>
>>17574620
I just test drove one before buying my Focus RS.

It is an extremely nice car. It's quick enough to have a lot of fun and if you care about stoplight racing it can be legitimately fast in a straight line with the DCT and a tune.
The interior feels a lot more expensive than it is but also feels the same as a GTI. Suspension is well tuned; comfy but still firm. Tons of creature comforts.

Focus RS is really the only competitor for it considering the Civic Type R is FWD. The big reason I picked the RS over the R is it just felt more special. Objectively the R is probably the better car overall but the RS is a lot more fun to drive, looks a lot better (in my opinion), and just has more personality. The RS will probably be more likely to do well with depreciation as well.

I doubt you'll regret getting an R though.
>>
>>17574669

yeah really thought hard about getting an RS when I bought my fist, but at that point it would have been a very bad financial choice. I make significantly more money that I did even last year, so that's a boon

how does the ride of the R compare to the RS? I know a lot of people's complaints about the RS was that it was too stiff for them
>>
File: vw_golf_r_2017_6[1].jpg (381KB, 1700x1132px) Image search: [Google]
vw_golf_r_2017_6[1].jpg
381KB, 1700x1132px
>>17574667

Then go ahead to buy it. You will not regret it.
>>
>>17574687
The R's ride was a lot nicer but neither are super comfortable or super punishing.
I think a lot of the comments about the RS are a little overblown though. The track mode of the suspension is laughably bad but in normal mode it is stiff but not overly so.
Overall if you care about day to day comforts the R is better in pretty much every way though.
>>
>>17574702

yea that's kinda what I'm aiming for. I want another fun hatch that will daily well and just be a bunch of fun to drive

thanks for the input anon
>>
>>17574667
why the fuck wouldn't you want a v8?
>>
>>17574620
Uggly bubble with no shapes except muh so futuristic rectangular lights.
>>
>>17574655
christ, I thought it was supposed to be a golf, not a minivan
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.