[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything wrong with a Fiero? I've been eyeballing them and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1985-Fiero-1.jpg (98KB, 650x432px) Image search: [Google]
1985-Fiero-1.jpg
98KB, 650x432px
Anything wrong with a Fiero? I've been eyeballing them and considering getting one but I've heard they're flaming pieces of shit. Anybody on /o/ like theirs?
>>
dont even bother if its not a fiero GT
unless you wanna dump tons of money into it and still be slower than an aw11
>>
>>17568931
I was considering doing an ecotec swap later down the line.
>>
>>17568931
>still be slower than an aw11
I drive an aw11 and it's difficult for me to even imagine something this slow
>>
File: le ls swap.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
le ls swap.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
>>17569094
Fiero GT's got a shitty GM V6 stock that makes somewhere in the ballpark of 140hp. The non-GT 4 cylinders are so fucking abysmal they make like 80hp. If you don't dive into aftermarket or do a swap the shit is borderline undrivable, but fortunately Fieros can be modded to hell and back.
>>
>>17568897
A stock 4cyl Fiero might be the most embarrassing combination of fun 80's styling and absolute dogshit performance out there. Thankfully you can just throw the engines away and replace them with something better. There are a few little things like cooling lines to look out for and rear subframe corrosion can be a bitch but they're better than they are given credit for.
>>
>>17569275
>a stock 4cyl Fiero might be the most embarrassing combination of fun 80's styling and absolute dogshit performance out there

Reminder the substantially heavier RWD third gen F-bodies in the early 80s came out with the same motor.

Also how bad is the corrosion usually? I know these things use space frames so I feel like a bad frame is a lot worse.
>>
My dad wanted one of these but after owning a 79 trans am he was turned off pontiacs.
>>
>>17569288
Late 70s/early 80s cars in general just terrible mechanically despite the nice styling. Let me guess - he was pissed it didn't actually come with a Pontiac motor right? My dad was the same way with his 78 formula but he kept it for years before junking it during the gas crisis in 2008.
>>
>>17569283
I always forget about those F-Bodies, poor things. The corrosion issue seems to be centered around the engine cradle which is a separate component from the rest of the space frame. You can swap them between cars and I believe there are one or two companies out there building tubular replacements.
>>
more like pontiac fireo
>>
>>17568897
Don't.
If you really want one you absolutely HAVE to get the 88 formula. I have an 84 atm and it is dogshit, the tranny is shit, the engines out of a damn mail truck, they don't really handle.
>>
File: 1496100640285.png (618KB, 684x577px) Image search: [Google]
1496100640285.png
618KB, 684x577px
>>17568897
They look cool but they unfortunately have all kinds of mechanical issues that make them not worth it.
>>
>tfw no fiero in australia
Definitely would have been my first car if we had them.
>>
>>17568897
Aren't they literally flaming pieces of shit? I remember hearing they like to catch on fire.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.