[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have the police killed off car culture in Australia? Most cars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 229
Thread images: 33

Have the police killed off car culture in Australia?

Most cars at car meets these days are close to stock.

People are afraid of getting defected.

People are driving almost stock evos and bikes now and highly modified cars are rarely seen.

I blame the police for this.
>>
>>17568859
California has strict laws like Australia but people chose to disobey them or find loopholes. Like registering your car in Montana to avoid smog.
>>
>>17568859
how much modding are you expecting?
>>
The fuck are you on about, plenty of ricer cunts in my area
>>
>>17568881
I have seen videos of California.

Police tell aren't as hard on you there if you act respectfully.
>>
Likely the case in the major states and cities, but outside of that, I don't reckon. Plenty of highly defectable modified cars rolling around here in Tassie, cops generally won't give you grief. No HWP either. I drove my straight-piped, lowered Skyline around for a year and didn't get pulled over once.
>>
>>17568859
most modded cars look dogshit
>>
I think there are actual studies about why law enforcement is so different than the rest of the world. In the US when a law is made, we almost go out of our way to break it or find loopholes. In other countries, the citizens have a more cuck like thought process and immediately obey the law.
>>
>>17568930
In America police are like

>Sorry guys I have had complaints and need to do my job and tell you to move on.

Australian police are like

>Get the fuck out of here cunts before I defect you all, you have been warned.

Then Aussie people actually defend them by saying

>They are just doing there jobs.
>>
>>
>>17568930
>In the US when a law is made, we almost go out of our way to break it or find loopholes.

That's not 100% true. There are a lot of authoritycucks and bootlickers in America. I do know what you're saying though, because I hear in yurop, your neighbors will actually rat you out if your trash cans are a meter off from where they should be placed.
>>
>>17568881
I'm a commiefornian, and I don't really get our car scene and why it exists. We have a fuckton a strict emissions laws, CHP who aggressively patrol the touges, a leftist culture that generally seems to dislike cars, and yet we have what is probably the best car scene in burgerland, ranging from boosted imports to musclecars and a good helping of ludicrously priced classics.

And the scene's not an anti-californian one - it seems everyone in it is still the obnoxious, egotistic, stuck-up leftist that everyone else, myself included, seems to be in california. It's somehow still a distinctly californian culture, despite almost everything being stacked against it.

Not that I'm complaining.
>>
>>17568859
Only in NSW. Most other states don't have such draconian, ineffectual laws. Despite having the strictest laws in the country, NSW still manages to have a fuckton of driver fatalities.

In other news, they also have one of the most useless and arbitrary driver's ed systems - 120 hours does not a competent driver make. The ACT manages to have simple discussion based classroom shit and somehow has fewer deaths.

Weird coincidences, don't you think?
>>
>>17569056
Victoria and QLD bare just as bad.

The thing that's worse than the fucked up laws are the hive minded bogan police that enforce them without ever questioning why they are doing what they do.
>>
>>17569045
>a leftist culture that generally seems to dislike cars.

Leftist culture doesn't dislike cars.

I think we need to coin the term nuleft...
Because today's lefties are much worse than the peace loving lefties of yesteryear.
>>
and yet every jap shitbox on the road is modified
seems like half of the ss/xr8/xr6ts are too
>>
>>17569056
deaths per 100k is only about 15-20% higher in NSW compared to ACT but people in NSW on average drive almost twice as many kilometers a year. could be worse though NT is something like 4x the average
>>
>>17569107
Not like they were in 2005.

You were probably about 3 years old back then though.
>>
>>17569117
there are more modified cars today than there were in 2005
you have the mental ability of a 3 year old if you think otherwise
>>
>>17569117
the big difference is shouty cosmetic mods arent cool anymore
>>
>>17569123
You can have cosmetic mods with out looking sex spec.
>>
>>17568859
how do these laws sound
no modifying exhaust? what else?
>>
I'm not seeing how someone driving a stock evo is a bad thing though.
>>
>>17569153
Wheels can't be much wider than stock.

You have idiot hive mind police defecting cars with wider wheels defecting cars with wider than stock wheels even though they need them because they make 3x more power.
>>
>>17569153
>no modifying exhaust?
legal
>>
>>17568921
what do you fucking drive lol
>>
>>17569155
Because there is so many of them everywhere.

Having a mildy modified evo is a good way to have a fast affordable car with less things for police to pick on.
>>
>>17569162
the fuck
>>
>>17569162
wrong.
wheels can't be more than 25mm wider than stock without certification.
if you get any mods you've done certified, you can do basically anything to your car.
>>
>>17569178
citation and what state?
>>
>>17569178
>certification
lmao ya okay with needing that?
my car is swapped, slammed and has fuel lines running next to the driver seat how screwed would I be with those mods in australia
>>
>>17569184
NSW
http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/safety-rules/standards/vsi-06-light-vehicle-modifications.pdf

>>17569186
without cert? you're fucked
with cert? literally nothing they can do.
>>
Seats need to be ADR approved.

This means that some quality seats like brides are defectable but the shitty 300 dollars a pair unsafe China seats from supercheap and autobarn (Australias version of pep boys) are legal.
>>
>>17569192
just buy some brides and get Xiu from the sewing place to put an adr approved label on them, counterfiet of course
>>
File: Biladagar 2015. Vr3Media.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Biladagar 2015. Vr3Media.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>17569188
>needing a cert
Do you have your cuck cert?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq5zTvPkE3c
>australia
>>
File: Wiring Up 10.jpg (304KB, 675x506px) Image search: [Google]
Wiring Up 10.jpg
304KB, 675x506px
>>17569188
I can't find anything about certificates in qld.

"For a passenger car, passenger car derivative or ‘soft roader’ (an all-wheel
drive vehicle that may be certified as MC ADR category), the overall diameter
of any tyre fitted must not be more than 15mm larger or 26mm smaller than that of any tyre designated by the vehicle
manufacturer for that model"

>>17569210
We need to get mod plates which are these ugly blue things with poorly done engraving that needs to be pop riveted on our cars.
>>
>>17569206

Still it's kind of fucked up that you need to e deceitful to have quality brides fitted when the cheap china autobarn shit that probably shouldn't be allowed is legal.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt3DztU4_E8
>australia
>>
Fuck the police
>>
I really wish Kylie Lang would die.
>>
>>17568859
i believe that strayas modern car culture is more into subtle and "CLEAN AF" modifications
>>
>>17569328
It's about having the latest model you can afford and the most expensive wheels you can afford.

The bogan and p plater side like to use lots of cheap shit parts instead of a few quality parts though.
>>
>>17569045
I always assumed smog shit existed to intentionally incentivise older cars, since that whole 60's surfer cali aesthetic is so iconic but maybe i'm just a cynic (and not american so what the fuck would i know)
>>
>>17568921
t. Has shit taste
>>
>>17569370
Seems feasible
>>
What happened to the daily australian threads?
>>
>>17569328
Ive always liked stock cars with performance/handling mods done. Nevee got into ricer bodykits
>>
I've only got 1500 and need a car badly, what should I look for? Central Coast cars are expensive as fuck
>>
>>17569241
edgy mate. I bet you're a big tough boy ;)
>>
It died with sexspec
>>
>>17569434
corolla
>>
Car meets these days are kinda like this.
>>
>>
>>17568951
all the cops you met must be dickheads, the ones here are mad cunts
>>
>>
>tfw no actual street racing
>>
>>17569459
Where do you live?

The old guy cops are good but they are retiring and the young ones are tools.
>>
>>17569463
Just go to a track.
>>
>>17569464
South east QLD, I have police in the family and I can guarantee they are just as loose as us
>>
>>17569469
It's not the same lad
>>
>>17569045
That's because of all the spics you have in California.
>>
>>17569370
>incentivizes old cars
Maybe for tuning, yes, but for the average joe it incentives new cars. Buying a used car that's not smog legal can be trouble if you get more than you asked for.

Also OP, Americans are great at flat out disobeying/curtailing laws they don't like. Here in California people will either get it smogged stock and then bolt shit on and sell it after two years or (more commonly) find a sketchy smog guy. If you go to a car meet and make friends you'll very quickly be able to find a guy who will turn a blind eye to your turbo.

As long as a cop can't immediately tell you're running a straightpipe you're fine.
>>
>>17569498
California cops are cooler than Aussie dickhead cops too.

Maybe because they have more actual drug dealers and criminals to stop or maybe they just aren't shit cunts.

I don't know.
>>
>>17569508
Municipal cops, maybe, but CHP will typically ride your ass.
>>
>>17569508
>Maybe because they have more actual drug dealers
Ha!
>>
>>17569518
Explain lowriders.
>>
>>17569434
>Central Coast
Ayyy
Seriously though fuck this place
>>
>>17569537
excempt due to age
>>
>>17569547
No they aren't.

They are basically rolling traffic violations and the fact that so many of these cars exist in california despite how illegal they are proves that california police aren't too bad.
>>
>>17569537
Suspension geometry is not under CARB jurisdiction.
>>
>>17569555
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/12-lowrider-general/172805-california-laws-against-lowriding.html
>>
>>17569557
http://www.layitlow.com/forums/12-lowrider-general/172805-california-laws-against-lowriding.html

Read this.
You can get a fix it ticket for having hydraulics.

Also the tyres are often illegal as they often aren't as wide as standard.
>>
>>17569566
Read more. You can get a ticket, tops.
Lowriders are most common in places with higher crime rates (Anaheim, Stockton, Oakland). I don't need to explain why that is, you can figure it out.
As a result municipal cops are much less focued on handing out moving violations and more on responding to calls. You don't see lowriders on the freeway, which is why they're allowed to exist. Also they're not as common as you think.

Here's how the California police system works.
County police won't bother you unless you're in their way. If you somehow attract the attention of LAPD you're in for a bad time.
City police for rich areas like Laguna Beach will give you shit if you look like you're not from the area or if you're a minority. If you're a hobo they'll just beat you up.
Municipal police, it depends. Rich areas you'll be fine if you look somewhat upper class. Example: If you look like a rich 20 some and you're high as hell, they'll ignore you. If you look like a drunk Mexican you'll be spending the night in jail.
Poor areas, don't expect too much trouble.

CHP however, if you fuck up in the slightest they'll catch you.
>>
>>17569594
That's why cremshaw boulevard is packed with lowriders every sunday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_i3sVyvJLg
>>
>>17568859
i blame the money squeezing and liability mentality that is effecting everything the government touches
>>
>>17569597
Garage queens. Also stop curtailing the issue.
If you want to bitch about Aussie cops, fine I have no issue with that. But that doesn't mean you're off scott free in California even though it's illegal. People do the shit they do here because they think laws are stupid and they ignore them. Look at gun stuff for example.
>>
>>17569610
The consequences of ignoring car related laws in America are less severe than in Australia.

Do you not understand this?
>>
>>17569615
i guess thats why australia has half the road deaths per capita of america
>>
>>17569629
That's not part of the debate.
>>
You guys have the fucking entire outback to race.
>>
>>17569630
also a lot more americans get shot to death by police while inside a car than in australia
like, a lot lot lot more

>pulled over for traffic stop
>"license and insurance please"
>reach for them
>"put the gun away and your hands where i can see them!"
>slowly move empty hands back
>"i said drop the weapon!"
>shot dead
>>
>>17569631
Nobody lives there and it's like 12 hours away or more from most people.
>>
>>17569642

Sure. But if people there really wanna street race, why not go there and floor it.
>>
>>17569153
Wheel restrictions
No petrusions (eg wings, canards, aftermarket mirrors)
Minimum of 10mm ride height
Fuck all engine mods without an extortionately expensive engineers certificate, which you'll probably only get if the ""engineer"" does the modding.
>>
>>17569463
They're is but it's all faggot red light racing
>>
>>17568859
Plenty of modified cars around. The only people who seem to complain about the police are those who run fake rota wheels and other knockoff parts, have their car 2cm off the ground and have cannon mufflers. Been pulled over many a time in my skyline, s15 silvia, type r's and smelly rotaries and never had a problem with police.
>>
File: IMG_2417.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2417.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
It's definitely shit but recently I have noticed more nice cars being driven than in preceding years.

I have also never yet been defected despite driving this
>>
>>17568913
>>17569045
If you have to be nice to a cop to avoid draconian laws, you're already living in a police state, a highly defective police state.
>>
Reminder that the leader of south east skids was found guilty of doing a burnout and given more jail time than a refugee who raped a underage girl in a park, bashing her half to death with a cricket bat.

Yes, this happened. I will give you sauce when I get on my computer.
>>
>>17569701
give sauce faggot
>>
>>17569650
So if I'm an engineer I can do what I want?
>>
>>17569682
You have to kiss their ass while they are calling you names and bullying you.

Then afterwards people say they were just doing there job.
>>
>>17569668
Being nice and clean helps/
>>
>>17569761
Yup... Specially in America where people think the only alternative to the police is some sort of BLM riot.
As someone from the far right, police are infinitely more dangerous than blm because the majority trust police.

>Bob was just doing his jobs by confiscating your guns and Trueno, he can't help what the laws are!
Cops may be retarded, but they're humans, and we can all choose to not join a corrupt or unjustified police force. If you choose to join the police force you are scum.
>>
>>17569776
I am kind of over the police can do no wrong attitude.

I think it's common in people who have had privileged and sheltered lives...

I know to some people I sound like a crazy lefty or criminal for saying that.
>>
>>17569793
Well people should hate BLM, and other subversive groups, but the police are scarier because they have actual public support via tax dollars.

BLM can't really locate your position with an easily acquired warrant to track your cell phone because you said something politically incorrect.
>>
>>17569803
I don't really have a problem with BLM I just think it would be more empowering if BLM acknowledged there is too much black on black crime.
>>
>>17568993
holy shit that's slick
>>
>>17569842
Yeah, well, you're part of the problem then.
BLM is populated by welfare queen niggers who want to steal your money via taxes, ban your nice vehicles, and basically fuck you over in every way.
>>
>>17568913
California is nowhere nearly as strict, will let you do anything to motorcycles/diesels/pre-1974 cars, and you can get around any CARB restrictions by 1. Registering the car in a non-CARB county 2. Registering it out of state (Nevada/Arizona).

>>17569045
Spics and Nogs that are into cars + All the OEM/Aftermarket manufacturers that have been there since the 1950s-60s + Tons of money flowing around so people have disposable income + Tons of race tracks and touges in the area + Year-round nice weather.

I live in NYC and we still have a car scene, just because we have so many people in a area with tons of money and disposable income. The nearest touge is 90 minutes away and the nearest track is 2 hours away. But we also have very loose inspection laws (just has to pass a OBD scanner, can even pass with 1 or 2 CELs nowadays).
>>
Project Hoon is still alive so the Aus car scene can't be dead yet.
>>
>>17569917
What's project hoon?
>>
>>17569899
Back to /pol/.
>>
>>17569930
a sticker vendor on /osg/. projecthoon.com - he got himself blacklisted because people didnt like him so badly, yet, alot of aussie people are supporting him LOL
>>
File: 1500401583593.jpg (2MB, 1978x6777px) Image search: [Google]
1500401583593.jpg
2MB, 1978x6777px
>>17568859
We will be just like the UK soon where you can't even mod your own fucking car
>>
>>17569988
Black listed means what?
>>
>>17570010
anonymous basket weavers on /o/ hated him so much because he almost got /osg/ banned by the mods for creating drama everyday, blacklist means they tell their circle jerking weeb autist friends to not buy stickers from him
>>
>>17568859
Absolutely

Holden, Ford, Toyota and Mitsubishi closing their doors didnt help either and GM wont pull their fingers out of their ASS and give us a rwd v8 sedan or suv to replace the fucking Commodore.

Probably gonna lose my licence at the end of the year for "furious hooning" and ill just psis of overseas, driving sucks here

>shit roads
>shit police literally no fun allowed
>everything is retardedly expensive
>import scene is all jdm shite and common as muck
>retarded laws and road rules
>over reliance on muh speed cameras and no fucking driver education
>>
>>17570029
So no real problem then?
>>
>>17570095
There is like one day a year where there is a meet for older Japanese cars from the 70's and 80's in brisbane but it's being over taken by more common cars.

People have been trying to tell organizers it's fucked up but they complain about how it's unfair their cars are not allowed.
>>
>>17570108
which reminds me i gotta go back to my local meets but im too autistic
>>
>>17568859
Cause people like >>17568894 exist
>>
>>17570113
Elaborate please?

>>17570112
What car?
>>
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/south-east-skids-ringleader-casper-de-waij-jailed-over-illegal-meets/news-story/8079db65049c604984f0ca4e2c7515a6

>3 years jail NOT FOR DOING A BURNOUT, BUT ENCOURAGING OTHERS TO DO THEM

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/inner-south/sudanese-man-pleads-guilty-to-2007-murrumbeena-rape/news-story/4a873ad826c897c0b2288180564ff8ae

>Judge refuses to put this sicko on the sex offenders register

http://www.kiis1011.com.au/newsroom/the-shocking-reward-melbourne-drug-users-will-be-given-for-getting-clean

>Violent junkies who rape, home invade and carjack given AFL tickets

And there's many more examples. The mere fact that doing a burnout (or in this case just encouraging one) gets you jail time on par with raping a child....shows you just how depraved this country is.
>>
File: IMG_0843.jpg (3MB, 6736x1736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0843.jpg
3MB, 6736x1736px
>>17570108
Went to that this year.
The last thing I was expecting to see was a pack of 9th gen Lancers.
Such a shame. Last year there were hardly any newer cars.
>>
>>17570198
My car is in the photo but I won't say which one.

They should just fuck off to downshift.
>>
>>17570198
Do you have other photos?
>>
>>17570196
this is such dogshite

Why is this country so cucked? We used to be based
>>
>>17570196
Sounds like you're in the wrong business.
>>
File: IMG_0851.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0851.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>17570245
I was surprised they didn't even ask the new stuff to park off to the side. Nobody came to look at those sorts of cars.

>>17570250
Hardly any, I'm afraid.
>>
File: IMG_0854.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0854.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>17570305
This 117 stole the show for me.
Never thought I'd get to see one in person, desu.
>>
File: calauis.jpg (100KB, 760x487px) Image search: [Google]
calauis.jpg
100KB, 760x487px
>>17570177
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (41KB, 837x217px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
41KB, 837x217px
>>17570305
Do you have a photobucket of them?

Just curious if of what cars you took pictures of.

All these cars should fuck off.
>>
File: IMG_0853.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0853.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>17570318
2/3

>>17570324
I don't, sorry.
I really only took pics of the 117.

>My car isn't crossed out
Thanks senpai
>>
File: IMG_0852.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0852.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>17570342
3/3
>>
>>17570305
All the idiots crying
"I appreciate all cars why do we need to go"

Because almost every car event for modern Japanese cars are for you. There aren't many events where people who appreciate the older Japanese cars vehicles are suited.

Old Japanese cars don't really fit in at modern car events and it's full of boy racer kids asking why build an L series when you could swap in an sr20.

Classic car events are full of boomers with 22inch sick cunt billet wheels saying your car is an old piece of jap crap that should have been left to rust.
>>
>>17570347
Kinda wondering what your car is but letting people know who you spend your time talking on /o/ is kind of like wearing this shirt.
>>
>>17570358
This.
I don't know of any other events in QLD specifically for older Japanese stuff, which is a shame.

Does an event having the word 'classic' in its name not click with these people? I mean by all means, come along for a look but keep it in mind when you decide to park inside the venue.
>>
I really liked talking to this old grey hand man.

He was telling me that he has owned old Jaguars before and they were only mostly appreciated by other old people.

He was saying how this car is appreciated by even young guys and he doesn't get why because to him it looks like an old persons car and how it's nice that the car is appreciated by everyone.

I hope I am like him when I am old.
>>
>>17569594
CHP has followed me over 5 miles from an exit to give me a brake light ticket
>>
File: xr6tur.jpg (268KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
xr6tur.jpg
268KB, 1600x900px
More people are doing stealth mods because of fucked up boomers dobbing people into the police despite them doing street drags and stuff at their age. Also if you talk to people, many want police to hound modded cars, its the cuck culture.
>>
Back in the old days people used to drive a lot faster, now cars are much safer and people drive a lot slower.
>>
>>17570577
I just generally hate people.
>>
>>17568859
fuck off cunt...police only do what their masters tell them and you and I are living in a nanny state. the over-empowerment of women is what is fucking us.
>>
>>17570591
Police have the power to enforce the law as they see fit.

>As they see fit.

That means they don't have to enforce the law in situations where they would be a complete cunt for doing so.

That means if you are Jay walking to give some cpr they can choose not to fine you.

That means if you are speeding to the hopsital and your wife is about to give birth they can let you off without a fine.

They choose to be cunts, they don't have to be.
>>
a trick I've noticed with police is they will ask why you were speeding etc, if you answer then you have just admitted to being guilty and they fine you straight away.
>>
>>17570646
Fuck with them too much and they will lie on their charge sheet and nobody will believe you.

Just say yes sir, not sir and try to be polite to their faces.
>>
>>17570619
or if they need to generate more revenue on a particular tuesday they book every cunt they can, otherwise 4 lanes of traffic can to 10+ over the speed limit and they do fuck all to 1000's of drivers. speed cameras are on 24/7 but if they booked every commuter all the time, they would get shouted down. I've been going to carshows and drag events for 30 years and never seen police sting an event. Maybe they have a good reason to ping ostentatious ricer fuckheads as they are generally bottom feeding faggots who are asking for it.
>>
>>17569637
I love when whites get shot by police in the USA
>>
>>17568951
Just come back from a meet, UK police are like

>we can only afford to send one cop and there's 150 people here so i'm leaving, have fun.

Thanks, Theresa!
>>
>ruining a perfectly good car with boi racer shit
Why do man-children do this?
>>
>>17568859
Ruining your car with mods is not 'car culture'.
>>
>>17572274
True, however the UK insurance companies ruin the modified car scene.
>oh you've installed a better brake system to your car, that's going to double your premium
>You didn't tell us about your speaker system upgrade, that invalidates your insurance and therefore we won't pay out and your liable to all damages.
>>
>>17569594

CHiP's aren't as bad as some of you make them out to be. As long as you aren't doing anything blatantly stupid and don't go too much over the limit they won't touch you.

t. OTR truck driver
>>
>>17572288
Most of the cars suck. They spend more money on mods than they spent on the car, that's more ridiculous.
>>
>>17572274
DESU, if it's a meet on private land with the landowner's permission and not breaking any laws, the police should just be there to encourage people to mark their property in case it's stolen, and maybe run everything through ANPR to make sure it's not stolen.
>>
>>17569210
Nice 944 drift. Sauce?
>>
>>17569498
Smog is by county in California I have my cars registered in a no smog lake county. As do many people with vacation homes.
>>
File: 1432764870758.jpg (14KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1432764870758.jpg
14KB, 255x255px
>>17572302
True, the insurance jew is the biggest menace but there are a few brokers that arent total cunts. Admiral/Elephant are the worst for it.

>wife gets hit in stationary traffic
>goes through different company so insurance have to pay nothing
>wife named driver on my policy
>MY insurance goes up
>tell me she's a higher risk because someone hit her and then mumbled something about the six gorillion
>mfw
>>
>>17568859
>wasting hard earned money and your retirement money on silly mods
>>
>>17572784
>retirement money
>not getting in loads of debt enjoying your life then claiming senile dementia at the end of it and living off the gibs
>>
>>17572752
Your story scares me.
I've been with Admiral for 5 years now, they are constantly he cheapest hence why I'm staying, but they do worry me.
They are totally incompetent. The Indian call centre is totally useless.
>I had a multi car policy with them for my family.
>I trade in my car for a new one
>tell admiral Indian lady the change and registration of new car and what car is off the policy.
>she says that's all done and insured.
>months go by, never get the documents in the post
>Call up India, Admiral tells me that they will send it again
>Get the documents to find they swapped my new car on the policy for my brothers and not my old car
>he's been driving uninsured for months
What would have happened if he crashed? Would they pay out? I bet this happens all the time.
>>
>>17572317
what the fuck is wrong with you? take a second to think about what you said. you are perpetuating that cuck mentality.

PRIVATE LAND. POLICE SHOULD NOT BE THERE AT ALL.
>>
>>17568859
I've heard that the japanese car culture is dying off compared to 15 years ago as well. Not dead but much fewer young men are driving and it's blamed on high fees to own a car($1200USD/year). Anyone know about this?
>>
>>17572413
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y5FUs-Rg8s&t=613s
look up f2 iceland
>>
>>17569539
ayy fuk umina
>>
>>17573366
People would rather buy an iphone than new wheels or coilovers these days.
>>
>>17572291
Yes it is.

>>17572288
Why are you even here.
>>
>>17570831
What country do you live in?

They sting power cruise, they sting summernats, they sting greaze fest.

How could you possibly think it's just Japanese cars?
>>
>>17572316
/out/

Fucking normies like you are the people who fuck up car meets and most of you "give up cars and spend money wisely to buy a house" sometime in your 30's.
>>
>>17574210
Australia

Ridiculous cunts get done, boohoo

Did I say Japanese? I said ricer.

l2getyourcarengineeredpoorcunt
>>
>>17574560
What kind of car do you have?

Go back to boostcruising with the rest of the police can do no wrong bogans.
>>
>>17574560
2edgy4me
>>
>>17569992

bong here, you can do fucking anything to your car as long as it passes the quite loose yearly 'M.O.T.' test, bizarrely it's the one area of law where nearly anything goes

watch this space though, if we get some more vehicles of peace i guarantee this will change and become more restrictive
>>
>>17569776
>Cops may be retarded, but they're humans, and we can all choose to not join a corrupt or unjustified police force. If you choose to join the police force you are scum.

I disagree, there. They could just avoid enforcing shitty laws by being too busy going after actual criminals. Who's going to force them to do otherwise? You just need the management level of the police force to not be civilian hating scum.
>>
>>17572752
>my mother parks her car at tesco
>some dumb fuck inbred decides to speed in a busy parking lot
>hits the rear bumper of her parked car and would have hit her if she stepped out a second prior
>was going so fast he somehow lost control on a straight section of the lot
>her insurance company basically goes "we don't care lol" and her rates go up

Insurance and the extortionate costs of car ownership here really put me off even bothering to get one.
I know even if I got some old shitbox, id probably spend money on minor mods like brake upgrades or suspension.
Getting penalised financially for something like that would prob put me over the edge. Would rather get a bike and risk death over succumbing to the insurance Jew.
>>
>>17569042
we hate authority in the US so much we created the insult "bootlicker"
>>
File: 1440437494049.jpg (83KB, 429x720px) Image search: [Google]
1440437494049.jpg
83KB, 429x720px
>>17572816
admiral are shitcunts they really are. They'll never fight your corner at all. Heres some more admiral fuckery:

>decide to drive to lake district with woman for some fresh air
>insurance renewal is the day before
>300 mile trip
>have a hunch about fuckery and check my deets on askmid.co.uk
>LOL YOU ARE UNINSURED
>mfw
>call Rajvinder and she tells me "oh its because you paid by card and we can only authorise one payment (this is important, remember this) but dont worry we would have honoured it"
>i think not
>offer to pay over the phone there and then, do so and think nothing of it
>drive to lake district, enjoy the scenery
>next morning my bank texts me "you are fucking poor what the shit m8"
>check my balance
>they've taken the premium twice
>absolutly lose my shit, get their manager on the phone and tell them if its not back in my bank account before 3pm my bank will fine me and i will drag their entire company to court
>next month they go dipping into my bank again for the extra money from my other post
>ask my bank and they just go yeah legally they have carte blanche to take what they want
>order my bank manager to deny them any further access

going to research the most unplesant way to pay them if i have to stick with them next year.
>>
>>17576641
Pretty much any time someone uses something interchangeable with "bootlicker" it pretty much means that the other person has won the argument. With the amount of violent dangerous thugs who called everyone things like that that I used to be exposed to and the excellent police work that's sprouted up because of it I've come to the conclusion that the police never do anything wrong. Sometimes I actually wish I had gripes with them to be normal but it's always been entirely the other fucker's fault for any shitty thing he did that he got fucked for. In a lawless society it'd get tiring having to always defend myself from these degenerates and pay for their shitty behaviour
>>
>>17576413
if something is covered with a cover panel they wont touch it and you only get an advisory. Technically a complete turbo-autist could cover their entire shitbox in engine covers and pass every time.
>>
Police kill off all kinds of culture anywhere
>>
>>17577090

ikr, underseal and gyppy sill covers are the best for getting a slightly unearned extra year's ticket, same with fitting a child seat in the back

fun fact: in the 2000's me and my dad used these methods to keep knackered old LDVs and Transits on the road, make extra thick homemade underseal to cover up any non-structural )but within 30cm of strucural areas rust
>>
>>17569917
Nice bait
>>
File: Screenshot_20170722-094453_01.png (83KB, 1080x504px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170722-094453_01.png
83KB, 1080x504px
>>17570196
This was more than "just doing a burnout" and you fucking know it.
If you want to rip sick skids then drive out to the country where there aren't any cops. I swear to god city dwellers are the biggest cry babies.
>>
>>17578621
>city dwellers are the biggest cry babies

Took the words right out of my mouth
>>
>>17578621
kek
>>17570196
rekt.
Car culture is as strong in Australia today as it was 40 years ago. The fact that mouth breathing bogans face a higher IQ/money hurdle for entry nowadays is only a good thing.
>>
File: 1431642663211.jpg (10KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
1431642663211.jpg
10KB, 208x250px
>>17577084
>Turn up with a dozen buckets of unbundled quarters which they have to accept as legal tender

DO IT, TEACH THEM A LESSON
>>
>>17578683
>Car culture is as strong in Australia today as it was 40 years ago. The fact that mouth breathing bogans face a higher IQ/money hurdle for entry nowadays is only a good thing.

Confirmed for post 95 baby.
>>
>>17578745
early 70s but hey, clutch at straws more
>>
>>17578776
Stop lying on the internet.
>>
>>17578987
self delusion is likely the source of your maladjusted misery, you little battler you.
>>
>>17570196
>>17578621
People like this actually exist? And I thought my area's car culture was toxic
>>
>>17569463
Move to arizona
>>
>>17569701
>>17569713
if you actually read any articles about it. He did some weapons and drug trafficking as well as some other bull shit. The news just make it seem like being a hoon was why he was jailed. It was not.
>>
>>17579148
I fucking know you are lying on the internet.
I know okay?

We have downshift once a month now and most of the cars are close to stock.

We used to have broadwater car park every saturday and sunday night and it was always packed.

We used to have milton maccas every weekend.

It's not the same and you are too young to know it.
>>
Ever since I slammed my commodore and put rims on it, I was pulled over 3 times within a week and received a major defect.

Such a headache so I can understand why people want to keep their cars fairly stock.
>>
>>17581075
That's why my wheels are silver instead of white and my car isn't low enough to get police attention.

It sucks but that's how I avoid police.
>>
>>17581075
I've got big dish wheels and the car is tucking tyre atm, not as low as I'd like it but I still get dicked.

Can't wait to buy a drift car and do it up how I want.
>>
>>17569992

There are no such things as 'certs' for car mods here in the UK. As long as you have your basic MOT.
>>
>>17578621
so he made a joke, encouraging others to do skids.

crass and rude? yes.

but he never did a burnout himself, he never fucked a 16 year old (which is legal by the way).

he was jailed because they wanted to jail him, plain and simple. because they keep the law vague so they can jail him instead of the FUCKING AFRICAN CUNTS ON BAIL HOME INVADING PEOPLE

i'm not even defending him, i want to highlight how fucking soft our courts are on serious criminals. they actually consider burnouts to be equally bad as if you bash a nan, home invade someone or rape a child.

this is their fucking thought process and it's disgusting.
>>
>>17573027
Found the criminal scum. Do you steal all your cars?
>>
>>17573027
So if I steal something and take it to my land, you think police shouldn't be allowed to come here?

You sound lile a small child screaming " BASE BASE, YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME BAAAASE!"
>>
File: al_kyder.jpg (37KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
al_kyder.jpg
37KB, 500x273px
Vicfag here.
Premium went up 50% this year. No idea why.
Get pulled over every time I'm driving, with HWP even slowing down to get behind me.
Sucks, but I love my (stock) Skyline.
>>
>>17569162
I was under the impression that in SA, you can have wheels as wide as you like as long as they're still inside the wheel arch.
>>
>>17570198
Oh wow, that's the Earnshaw State College meet. I went there as well, think that photo was taken before my car was there though.
>>
>>17581995
What was your car?

Funny how 3 people from /o/ brought there cars there.

I think it attracts a non normie demographic.
>>
>>17578742
Unfortunately this doesn't work anywhere else outside of the United States, nearly everywhere on the planet has some sort of reserved right to refuse any "unreasonable amount of cash change". I got told that when I went to pay a speeding fine in dollar coins.
>>
>>17582003
tofu delivery memebox
>>
>>17582026
The brown one?
>>
>>17582038
Nah, I have a black one, not pictured in this thread. I showed up pretty late though, people were starting to leave because it was so freakin hot that day.
>>
>>17568859
Good, Australia is doing the right thing

Making ricing illegal. I wanna go to Australia now. OR better yet, we should implement these laws here in the US to end ricing once and for all!
>>
>>17582196
If you had any idea what it's like here you wouldn't be saying that.
>>
>>17582219
When was the last time you saw a ricer there?
>>
>>17582232
By ricer what exactly do you mean?
Everyone has their own definition.
>>
File: how to rice honda.jpg (56KB, 720x507px) Image search: [Google]
how to rice honda.jpg
56KB, 720x507px
>>17582242
this or anything along these lines
>>
>>17582254
last friday
some dude in a shitty skyline
>>
>>17582254
Some cars still remain like that as victims of the early 2000's.

I see a couple every month.
>>
File: Hoon.jpg (142KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hoon.jpg
142KB, 960x720px
>>17570010
He's an Indian guy in Canada who came to /osg/ with ultra generic JDM TYTE BRAH stickers traced from other people's pictures with his name watermarked over them. People mocked him and tried to explain how he could make his stickers better, but he chimped out that he wasn't getting asspats and started whining to the mods on IRC about how /osg/ was being mean to him. He also talks about how he's ultra popular on instagram, but didn't bother to actually post anything before buying 1000 followers from fiverr. Search 4plebs for "Dev Chaube" or "projecthoon" and sort from oldest to newest to go on a ride of autism and hubris. His youtube channel's (Videos of him playing some drift game with awful ghetto rap over them) banner used to be his poverty tier kia with shittons of HDR filters too, which was pretty funny.
>>
File: neverever.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
neverever.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>be australian
>wake up next to your sister
>"ay dahlin fahk moi that was a noice root last noight"
>ride a kangaroo to the shitposting plant
>get stopped by abos
>their faces haven't loaded yet because of high ping
>give them all your petrol anyway
>apologise for invading their country
>say thank you to the traditional owners of the land, the irrawajjialabumbajjiju people
>continue on your way
>shitpost hard on 4chan all day so you can afford to pay your internet bill ($1000 for 0.1bps connection, 3mb data cap)
>go home
>get mugged by abos again
>no petrol this time, give them some of your ping instead
>switch on the tv
>the wallabies lost to new zealand again
>"fahkin no worries m8 she'll be roight I'll just watch the loigue instead"
>the kangaroos lost to new zealand again
>"m-muh cricket"
>http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-australia-bowled-out-for-60-england-dominate-day-one-2015080706
>"m-muh afl"
>can't see what's happening, players' mullets blocking the camera
>go to new zealand, steal some pavlova and claim it was yours all along
>cry yourself to sleep muttering "m-muh hdi, m-muh gdp per capita"
>get bitten by spoidah
>die within seconds
>>
>>17569045

dont forget all tint is illegal
>>
File: IMG_2231.jpg (40KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2231.jpg
40KB, 327x316px
>>17582560
You're supposed to use this version you fag
>>
>>17568859

No man, kids are just not interested in cars that much.

I live in shitty slav country and even here car modding is still alive only in rural areas and lower income/lower education groups.
>>
>>17582565
In California? Not even as a means of keeping the interior cooler?
>>
File: 33783348.jpg (63KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
33783348.jpg
63KB, 640x640px
>>17582560
BTFO
>>
File: IMG_0402.jpg (69KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0402.jpg
69KB, 720x480px
>mfw my town did some budget cuts starting with police
>they use sheriffs now they're worse but rarely see them in my town
>I can hoon all I want if I wanted to
Feels good senpai
>>
>>17584786
>if I wanted to
whatever keeps you going anon
>>
File: 1471910256245.jpg (186KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1471910256245.jpg
186KB, 717x880px
>>17569932
>>
>>17568881
There's no vehicle inspection in California though. You just have to pass smog.
>>
>>17568859
Arabs moved onto driving BMW's Mercedes and VW golfs thinking it makes them more classy.
>>
>>17584527
Not even remotely true. Just like everywhere else it's illegal to tint the front window and to have tint that is too dark. I've never once seen anyone get in trouble for it.
>>
>>17582254
In my experience cops tend to exclusively go after these guys and leave people with half decent cars in half decent shape alone unless they're doing stupid shit
>>
>>17586363
wrong
>>
>>17581568
>>17581522
Nice try samefag. You know what he was saying, nothing's been stolen. Do you seriously advocate the cops fining you for doing a burnout on your farm in the middle of woop woop?

If no-one is being hurt, there is no problem.
>>
>>17582196
It's not ricers getting done, nor is it hoons.

It's normal people, moms and dads who are getting impounded.

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/top-traffic-cop-defends-western-ring-road-fines-20170329-gv9kox.html

>Fines will stand for more than 1500 of drivers who were caught speeding on four days on the Western Ring Road.

>It found one permanent sign showing 100 km/hr caused confusion when motorists should have been travelling at 40km/hr.

>VicRoads CEO John Merritt admitted that VicRoads had made an error, with a static 100km/hr sign between Edgars Road and Sydney Road.

That's right, they made a mistake with overhead signs and still won't revoke the fines or automatic impounds.
>>
>>17587300
>It's normal people, moms and dads who are getting impounded.

Good.
>>
>>17572288

They're too poor to buy a proper modern car, so they piecemeal together a pig with lipstick.

If you wanna go fast buy a bike (betas need not apply)
>>
>>17587357
For me it was because they stopped making the car I wanted in 1991.

I also think many of these new turbo hatches like golf gtis are driven by automotive no nothings who just want to do things the easiest way.

I met a golf gti owner who didn't know what an s13 was for example.
>>
>>17587357
Also it would have been cheaper, easier and less work intensive to just get a more modern car so there goes your theory.
Thread posts: 229
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.