[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me whats wrong with one of these bad boys. The reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: download (2).jpg (82KB, 850x600px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
82KB, 850x600px
Tell me whats wrong with one of these bad boys.
The reason cant be
>Its honda
>>
Second hand market prices are WAY too over inflated
>>
>>17568308
This, you have to pay the meme tax.
>>
>>17568308
fuckin this.
oh it only has
>200k miles
>absolutely raped with shit mods
>is falling apart
>wants 20k
just fuck off
>>
>>17568308
This is true but it also means when you find one it probably hasn't been destroyed like an s13 by some kid.
They're also not forgiving to beginners that let off the throttle. f20c tend to burn oil and you have to be vigilant policing them. f20's also like to get crank walk and die for good. The floor carpet likes to rip. You can't get the seat low or back enough if your tall and you'll have to replace it. You'll need replace dampers / springs if you get an early ap1 or you'll die.
>>
>>17568302
It's not in my garage right now
>>
>>17568353
>You'll need replace dampers / springs if you get an early ap1 or you'll die.
stock ap1 or bust
>>
File: s2k_us_numbers.jpg (97KB, 790x436px) Image search: [Google]
s2k_us_numbers.jpg
97KB, 790x436px
>>17568302
They're excellent cars, buy one while you can still find an example in decent shape.
>>
>>17568353
>You'll need replace dampers / springs if you get an early ap1 or you'll die

Is this the only real thing about getting an ap1? I want an s2000, but everyone tells me to get an ap2
>>
>>17568302
Shit hp/l
>f20c 115hp/l
>k5 gsxr 1000 187hp/l
Why are cars so cucked?
>>
>>17568302
Meme tax is the only real issue.
>>
>>17568700
There are a ton of differences between the AP1 and AP2, but either is fine if you know what you're getting into.

There's no need to replace anything suspension-wise in the car, it's only a "problem" if you lift mid-corner
>>
>>17568302

below 6k it feels like driving a miata
>>
>>17568302
The reason isn't that it's a Honda.
The reason is that I wouldn't drive a Honda.
>>
File: S2000AP1.jpg (426KB, 1560x858px) Image search: [Google]
S2000AP1.jpg
426KB, 1560x858px
>>17568674

Got you covered , senpai. Mine is completely stock.
>>
I'd just get an RX8 for dirt cheap to rebuild
>>
>>17568725

But it also has the 3 more k that the Miata is missing.
>>
>the reason can't be it's Honda

Okay, easy
>its not Hyundai
>>
Anyone have a cap of the story about some anon's brother trading a fucking cherry S2000 for some shitty sport bike?
>>
>>17568723
Or if the road has weird bumps or camber changes. There's a left turn in my city that will always cause an AP1 to have trouble unless you take it at granny speed, because camber of the turn is fucked up and the road surface is shit. The suspension was designed for glass-smooth well-engineered Japanese roads, not broken shitheap murrican ones.

>>17568700
The AP2 refresh in MY2006 added traction control (which is 100% defeated at the press of a button), which makes it a more livable DD and makes it less likely for you to go off a cliff if you suck. That's probably why people recommend it. The problem is, though, that prices are so overinflated now that you can get a lightly used or even a new ND Miata for as much as a decent AP2, and I would say that the ND is all-around a better car than the AP2. So that makes the AP1 the one to get, since it's more raw, has the 9000rpm meme engine, and will bite you a lot harder if you suck, which was kind of the point of the car to begin with. I'd probably go with a '02-'03 AP1, since it has livability refinements with almost no reduction of its propensity to spin because you suck.
>>
>>17568766

that it does, it just kinda sucks when you're daily driving and trying to keep up with traffic without reving to the moon
>>
>>17568800

I was weary of that when I bought it, but I daily drive it and I never go above 4.5/5k on a normal commute, and it keeps up with traffic flow with no issues.
>>
>>17568811

maybe you live in a place where traffic is less aggressive
>>
>>17568747
thank you son mine is too
>>
>>17568674
You can replace them with oem if you want but you still need to replace them.
>>
>>17568811
Car lugs until 4k it's actually annoying driving it to work. The commuter powerband is betweek 4 and 6.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.