[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would it be possible to modify a 1uz-fe to have cylinder deactivation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Lexus-1UZFE-EGR.jpg (273KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Lexus-1UZFE-EGR.jpg
273KB, 1600x1200px
would it be possible to modify a 1uz-fe to have cylinder deactivation?

if so, what would it take to do that?

if not, are there any other mods I can do to a 1uz to increase fuel economy aside from swapping it out or getting a different car?
>>
Just put water in the cylinders you want to deactivate. Will stop the fuel from igniting
>>
>>17567237
>increase fuel economy
make more money so 20 mpg aint shit or sell it to someone who can before you fuck it up
>>
>>17567237
No. Not a possibility with how those systems work. You'd need to engineer totally new cylinder heads.
The best way to increase fuel economy is to change your driving style. I recall an article years ago where they got a hybrid Cadillac Escalade to do 30 MPG by treating the gas pedal as if it were glass.
>>
What is the air filter looking thing where the pvc valve goes and what does it do?
>>
>>17567237
It'd be best if you just swapped in an LS, $500 and an afternoon.
>>
>>17567305
>change your driving style

This.

Or just drive it less. Fuel lasts longer if you don't burn it at all.
>>
>1uz
Don't waste any time or money on that unremarkable boring shit
>>
>>17567283
>>17567301
>>17567759
These are good advices anon, worth a try
>>
>>17567726
>>17567305
I have been basic hypermiling for a good while now after I found out I'm not cut for spirited driving

I just want to know what mechanical mods would increase fuel economy......more open intake? more backpressure in exhaust? different cams?

I am already looking to swap my ls400's 4 spd auto with a manual (if I could find a 6-spd for it that would be great) and that might raise fuel economy an mpg or two as long as I keep hypermiling....Im also considering either Bridgestone Ecopia or Michelin Energy tires
>>
>>17569191
Your best options are to reduce the work the engine has to do. It's real basic shit, start by lightening the vehicle such as tearing out seats/upholstery/luxury items. Then work on things the engine is putting work into, such as power steering and A/C. Remove them. Research an improved intake and exhaust system. You may not have to buy anything here, sometimes a simple mod with a dremel can open up pathways for better airflow. If your laws allow, you can remove or replace the muffler with a more efficient model. Then work on replacing things the engine has to spin with lighter equivalents, such as the drive shaft, wheels, and crank. Note this is the first thing we actually have to spend money on and it's EXPENSIVE. Not really worth it because the price you pay for the parts won't be made up for in a very long time.
>>
>>17569222
In reality opening up an engine makes it less economical whilst making it more efficient.

You want the throttle as open as possible for the same amount of power for it to be as economical as possible. Think hot air intakes and driving in the highest gear possible with your foot fairly into it. obviously not possible with OPs car being auto but you get the gist.

OP I suggest if you really want better mileage, get low rolling resistance tyres, solid wheel covers, some plywood and make a completely flat underbody and cover the rear wheels, tape over all the joins in the body work, remove power steering and aircon and disconnect as much electrical stuff as possible.

All this will cost more than just dealing with the fact you have a gas guzzler and driving economically. Like seriously Modding a car to be more efficient because you need to use less fuel isn't financially smart. If you want to use less fuel because ma environment then yeah worth it on a smaller car but you spend more modding the car than you will on gas.

Just hypermile and be happy or buy a different car or ride a pushbike.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.