[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /o/ Recently my 2002 Chrysler 300m was backed into and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (484KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
484KB, 1600x1200px
Hello /o/ Recently my 2002 Chrysler 300m was backed into and left a gnarly dent and scratches on the Driver side Rear door. The other persons insurance claims liability and they want me to take it to one of their repair shops. What I want to know is how do I get them to just cut me a check. The car has 155,000 miles and I would rather run this car into the ground another year and get a check to put down on another car in a year. Is there a way I can do that is my question. Thank you for your time
>>
Post pictures of damage, if it's not too bad should have just asked for 5-800 bucks depending how bad
>>
You HAVE to bring it to a shop before they can claim it's been damaged enough for the worth of the car to be considered.

As for taking it to one of THEIR shops? That's weird. I would demand to take it to a Chrysler dealer shop cuz they're more likely to say it's totalted.
>>
File: IMG_1174.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1174.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: IMG_1179.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1179.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>17565270
Their adjuster said taking it to one of their shops would speed up the process and give me a rental car.
>>
>>17565274
Looks kinda bad, did you ask what "shop" it was to look online for some reviews or some shit?
>>
>>17565294
Gerber Collision and Glass. Seems like a legit shop.
>>
>>17565270
KBB on my car is $1100-1300
>>
>>17565306
Then fuck it, take it and get it sorted quick. Hopefully no more accidents but if one happens again just ask for cash on spot to not get cops or insurance involved (if damage isn't too bad)
>>
>>17565344
Yea I tried that but the guys lives paycheck to paycheck.
I'm gonna tell his insurance I am going to exercise my right to get my own estimates and I asked some irl friends and they have said the shop doesn't do that great of work. I'm thinking those shops have the insurance companies interests in mind since that is how they get most of their work plus the shop is a drive. I'm going to tell the adjuster I am going to take it to a closer reputable shop for and estimate. Show them proof of estimate and they can cut me a check in my name and I can take care of it from there.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (259KB, 1476x883px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
259KB, 1476x883px
>>17565253
If you are in Illinois, tell them to forget it and get your own estimates. Go to the highest priced shops and obtain the most costly estimate possible.
>>
>>17565466
They tend to cut the checks not payable to you, but to the shop doing the work and simply put your name on it, but not directly payable to you. This cuts down on fraud and overpayment
>>
>>17565814
>you will have to pay the difference
Yeah that's hardly worth it.
>>
File: keep $.jpg (107KB, 570x807px) Image search: [Google]
keep $.jpg
107KB, 570x807px
>>17565905
Op implied he's going to pocket the check and drive the car without repairing the bodywork.
>>
>>17566064
This only works if the check is directly made out to him, otherwise it won't clear
>>
>>17566229
If he owns the car title, the check will be made out to him. He can repair the vehicle or not.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.