[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a 100 mile daily commute too much? One hour each way of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (782KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
782KB, 1536x2048px
Is a 100 mile daily commute too much?

One hour each way of my time + petrol costs, is it worth it? I ride a mitorcycle so traffic is of no concern, and its 90% motorway anyway.
>>
>>17563194
think about it like this
lets say you need to be at work at 8am
so you need to leave at 7am assuming no slowdowns on the way
which means you need to get up at 6:30 at least if not earlier
then on the way home in rush hour traffic your hour commute will turn to hour and 15 min or more
so you leave work between 5 and 5:30, get home close to 6:30 or later if you need to run errand on the way
you go to bed around 11 or 11:30 so you can get close to 8 hours of sleep
you end up with 4 maybe 4.5 hours of free time

if that's ok for you then go for it
>>
thats a lot of miles but if it's only 1h, fuckit. my commute is 10 miles but sometimes I'm lucky if it takes less than 2h
>>
>>17563212
Well I have a real love for riding but if I'm doing 20,000 miles a year its going to kill the bike. Its the petrol cost that is worrying me.
>>
>>17563225
What bike you have? Because service won't come cheap if you ride like 2.5k miles a month - like oilchange every 2 months, valve check twice a year, probably 2 sets of tires a year
>>
>>17563243
Its an R1200R so yeah running cost is the main concern. Not a cheap bike but the build quality is amazing.
>>
i used to do it for $38.50/hr. i thought it was worth it
although now i have a job with a 15 minute commute that's $35.50/hr and i'm much happier
>>17563243
i did it on a $800 old honda. oil change every few months costs like.. $30
and $200 in tires every 6 months. valves are still fine but the carb is a bit goofy now
>>
My office is about 55 miles from my house. It isn't too bad. I'm not riding a bike though, I daily a 2001 Saab 9-3. Oil change about every other month. 30-35 mpg.
You might love riding now, but after a while it might get a bit old.
Is the time and fuel worth it? Depends, to get a comparable house in the city I would need to spend 2+ million, so for that reason it is worth it to me.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.