[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I wanna see if any of y'all can help me. I bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Hey /o/ I wanna see if any of y'all can help me. I bought this 1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max pickup truck for $700 last month. It had a blown head gasket and many other things needed replacing. Anyways, I got the truck running great and now I'm having trouble registering the vehicle. The truck hasn't had an inspection since August of 2015 and the previous owner (Name is Rudy) that I bought the truck from never transferred the title into his name. The Texas DMV told me that I can not transfer the title into my name until either Rudy transfers the title into his name and then "sells it to me" or I track down the owner before Rudy, a man named Arturo, and have Arturo fill out a form that claims the sale of the truck to Rudy is false and that he actually means to sell the truck to me. Rudy claims he does not have contact with Arturo so I am stuck. I can either take the issue to court, which will take approximately 3 months, or apply for a bonded title. On the Texas DMV website, it says that vehicle appraisals less than $4,000 for vehicles older than 25 years will not be accepted. Since the bond would be set at 1.5 times the value of the vehicle. Since I doubt anyone is going to think a 27 year old Mitsubishi truck is worth at least $2,700 what am I to do? I have thought about signing the paperwork and forging Arturo's signature since he did originally sign the title over to Rudy, but what are the chances of me getting busted for doing that?
>pic related, my truck
>>
so you bought a car that some spic ate the paperwork for.

More importantly, you left this Rudy guy's house without the title in hand.

You can forge it, get caught, buy another shitty one and vin swap (also illegal but less likely to be caught), or just suck it up and admit you're a dumbass.
>>
>>17561645
I have the title, but it is in Arturos name, the back is signed over to Rudy but the DMV says that's not good enough.
>>
>buying a vehicle without the title in hand

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

no
>>
I have the title. I accept the fact that I fucked up, I'm just trying to fix it the best I can. The title has Arturo's name printed on it. The back, shows that Arturo signed the title over to Rudy when he sold it. So Rudy never transferred the title and got a new one with his name on it.
>>
>>17561634
>I have thought about signing the paperwork and forging Arturo's signature since he did originally sign the title over to Rudy, but what are the chances of me getting busted for doing that?

What the fuck are they going to do?
If they think you are doing something fishy, they will deny you and tell you to bring in Aturo with you.
Its an an old ass truck worth nothing, its not like the title discrepancy is on a car worth stealing.
Most DMV workers dont give a fuck, as long as you crossed your t's and dotted your i's.

Just fucking do it
>>
>>17561683
Rudy never registered it under his name, so now you can persuade him with more money to come nicely and transfer (also more money) the title to his name, and then again transfer (again, more money) to your name.

Papa Govt. is losing out by Rudy not letting them play middleman, and you're on the hook for it. Dumbass.
>>
why did you pay 700$ for a 400$ truck?

headgaskets dont usually blow unless the truck was ran without coolant or oil,
or never changed the oil

man you got ripped
>>
>>17561658
>>17561683

Rudy sold the car without transferring the title because in most states he'd have to eat the sales tax and title fees, and he stood to make more money by just unloading it on some dumb gringo who'd agree to buy a car with no paperwork.

If Rudy won't apply for a new title and then sign it over to you you're fucked. Never leave the scene of a sale without a signed title.
>>
>>17561634

You're a fool for buying the truck like this.

You got screwed and now you can't do anything about it. Hopefully you've learned your lesson.

That said, next time you go to look at sketchy Craigslist shitboxes, LOOK at the title and make sure it's in the current owner's name. If it isn't and it's clear the seller is trying to dodge taxes, walk away and call the police non-emergency line to report a "curbstoner" (give them their name/address/plate number/etc) and go on with your day.
>>
Wasn't this the truck being sold by the chick who had her granddad driving it?
Also you overpaid like $300
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.