[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of the first gen boxster s? Test drove it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image1348206617.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image1348206617.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
What does /o/ think of the first gen boxster s?

Test drove it the other day and it felt kinda nice, I know its got an issue with the IMS bearings and they look ugly stock but I like the looks with the RUF bumper pic related.

rn I have a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, its engine is a charm but the rest of the car can be underwhelming.
>>
eh just buy an mrs
cheaper and more reliable while looking exactly the same, granted boxsters and mrs are both ugly
>>
>>17559975
what did i say the other day? stop posting about your MR2
>>
>>17559983
sorry i wasnt on here the other day
i was driving my mr2
>>
>>17559949
>250/260hp flat 6
>1200kg weight
>Porsche chassis
This car is like the Miata just in fast with nice sound. On a curvy road you have pretty much no enemy's beside some high performance cars. Best deal
>>
>>17560002
do these cars have any weak spots other than the IMS, when I drove it the car made a constant grinding noise as if the brake pads were completely worn
>>
>>17560309
Could be CV joints.
>>
>>17560309
Depends who the last owner was. If your lucky then it was the tipical old man with grey hair who enjoys life since he quited work. If you have no luck then it was someone like me who drove the car like you should drive a performance car and then you should check the chassis and the clutch.
>>
File: 2016_Porsche_Boxster_Spyder_11.jpg (191KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
2016_Porsche_Boxster_Spyder_11.jpg
191KB, 1600x1066px
>tfw no boxster spyder
>>
>>17560309
My first gen boxster made a crunch noise every time I took it out of park. Turns out the transmission sump pan was leaking and that was the problem.
>>
>>17562983
it was a 6-speed manual with what felt like a short-shift installed

the car was at a dealer and i couldnt find any kind of meaningful service history
>>
>>17563112
Never ever buy a Porsche with out Porsche service history. Maybe the car is 1-2 grand more but you will pay more in the run on a car without services!
>>
>>17563112
Short shifter on it would be good, i also test drove a boxster S. The stock shifter feels like you're trying to jerk a semi hard horse and 2nd to 3rd was suuuuper loose and far. They pretty cool, did you like the engine note and air intake noise right behind you? Also what are you looking to do, dd or what? What are your expectations of the car?
>>
>>17563737
I want something to fuck around, spirited driving and maybe occasional track day/autocross.

I've already got a DD, my "fun" car is a fiat turbo coupe and as much as I like it I'm looking for something with inherently better handling dynamics as opposed to brute power.
>>
Don't like that front bumper cover.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.