[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ i just applied for this job yesterday, what should i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1200px-Acura_logo.svg.png (27KB, 1200x639px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Acura_logo.svg.png
27KB, 1200x639px
Hey /o/ i just applied for this job yesterday, what should i know about being a express lube tech at local dealership? text related
And what tools should i get too?
(Local car dealership) is looking for several full time Express Lube Technicians for immediate hire!

Position: Express Service/Lube Technician
Interested in cars? Love working in a fast paced team environment? We are currently looking for Express Lube Technician team members willing to work 40 hrs/week and encourage you to apply if you have / are:

- Automotive experience or automotive schooling (an asset not required)
- A strong desire to learn more about cars
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to retain detailed product information
- Able to work with others in a team
- Physically capable of lifting 50lbs
- Flexible to work weekdays and Saturday's (Closed Sundays)

Requirements:
-Must have a valid State Drivers license
-Must be able to pass a drug and back ground test

A trained Lube Technician works directly on cars and with Service Advisors to provide warranty approved quality service.

You would be expected to perform:
- Oil & filter changes and Tire rotations
- Replacement of other car fluids (e.g. coolant, transmission, and transfer case fluid)
- Replacement of parts under the hood (e.g. air filters, headlights, taillights and wiper blade replacements)
- Perform courtesy checks on all vehicles (e.g. topping up fluid levels, and checking tire pressure, and full comprehensive maintenance inspections)
-Online Acura Self-study tests for certification

Compensation:
Starting wage will be based on experience. For the right candidates we promote within and aid with self-growth based off of performance!
Position offers excellent pay, full time, great benefits including medical, dental and vision. Employees receive paid vacation, and are eligible for 401k after 1 year of employment
Pic related
>>
Whatever you do, don't overtorque the drain plug.
>>
I imagine the teach you everything you don't know and you borrow tools the first few days or week.
>>
>>17559531
>teach you everything you don't know and you borrow tools
nice okay, but for a guy who has only refilled windshield washer fluid and refilled coolant when the was a leak what should i know how to do and what basic tools should i have by the end of the week so i dont look like an idiot?
ive worked a customer service job before i dont think ill sperg out
>>
>>17559672
You might try - changing the oil on your own car. And watch youtube videos of people changing the oil on their cars.
>>
>>17559698
ah fuck i just got it changed at the shop, im good friends with the mechanic since high school. damn. next time though
>>
Ladies and gentlemen, the guy who is going to be changing your oil at the dealership. At least he won't be messing with your cabin filter or your air filter, but you're probably going to need a new oil pan once he's done torquing. it. down. completely.
>>
>>17559475
I do exactly the same thing for a subaru dealership. If its a similar setup to what I do, you'll have a very strict program and sequence of events every time you work on a car. They'll teach you how.

Also don't worry about tools. If they're paying you hourly, they have to provide tools. You only need to bring your own if you're getting paid flat rate.
>>
File: 1487551678219.jpg (132KB, 700x934px) Image search: [Google]
1487551678219.jpg
132KB, 700x934px
>>17559475
It's an entry level minimum wage position. They expect you to be retarded, which you clearly are.
>righty tighty lefty loosey
>>
File: Toyotanon.png (601KB, 1272x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Toyotanon.png
601KB, 1272x1040px
Whatever you do, don't be this guy. I sure hope you have experience on working with cars and went to trade school BEFORE applying
>>
>>17560045
i wrote on my application i have zero formal experience working in cars but i have experience working in metal shops with CNC milling and lathing and lots of hand tools
>>
>>17560045
Although honestly, I was changing oil when I was a scrawny little 14 year old shit in my parents' driveway. And I never once fucked it up even back then. If you can't change the oil+filter as an adult, you really need to find another line of work. Autoing isn't for you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.