[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was wondering what would happen if I sanded down my old tail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
I was wondering what would happen if I sanded down my old tail lights then clear coated them. Anyone ever try this? Sounds like a sound plan in my head.
>>
Did it to my headlights. Held about for a few years but needs to be redone
>>
>>17558200
Yes I have done it and it works very well, but I would suggest removing the entire tail light to avoid overspray.

Get a 3M headlight restoration kit from the auto parts store, and some UV resistant clear coat. Just follow the instructions and you will have them looking like new again.
>>
>>17558200
Funny, Had this idea when I was driving home and googled hazy head lights and this picture is to the exact idea I had.
>>
>>17558200
>I was wondering what would happen if I sanded down my old tail lights
Instead of a penetrating red light seen at a greater distance, you have a non-sharp bright red glow. Before you make a change, consider what it is that you as a DRIVER want to see from other people's brake lights in the daytime or bright sun shining from the overhead rear.

You immediately notice that such lights have somewhat less eye-catching visibility changes in the bright sunlight.
>>
automotive clear coat lasts longer. you can call around and ask how much something like that would cost, it might be worth it to you
>>
>>17558808
You can buy automotive clear coat in an aerosol can, it has a button on the bottom that you press to puncure the cylinder containing the activator. It's expensive though, $25/can and has a pot life of a few hours (but you can extend it to a few days if you keep it in the fridge).
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.