[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/, I'm interested in getting a Chevy/GMC K10, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: k10.jpg (62KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
k10.jpg
62KB, 640x446px
Hey /o/, I'm interested in getting a Chevy/GMC K10, but I have a few questions. First, which generation should I get? I don't really have a preference when it comes to the grille style. Second, how do these trucks compare to fords and dodges from the same time? Third, should I go for a stepside or fleetside? Last, someone I've spoken with about these trucks with told me that they rusted easily. Is this true? If so, how can I prevent it?
>>
Get as close to the picture as p. Stepside for sure. Yes they rust easily. Don't live by sand or water or where it rains. Find the existing rust holes and weld those mugs.
>>
>>17557867
Thanks, is the easy rusting unique to the Chevy/GMCs or is it just a rule for 60s-80s trucks in general? I ask because I've owned a dodge from this period and while it had a spot or 2 of body rust, it never developed any further during the time I owned it, despite living in a pretty rust-encouraging climate.
>>
>>17557168
1982 was the first year of the overdrive transmission on half tons, they got the 700r4. TBI(throttle body injection) came around in 1985? Maybe it was 1986. I dailied a c10 for 3 years. Commuted to college, hauled furniture/dirt bikes/camped with it. Also towed trailers, hauled gravel too. They're stout trucks that you don't have to care too much about. It's hard to find a manual trans truck that also has AC, most trucks with AC where automatic. I'd say either go 1986/87, or go 73-75. Either old enough to be simple and basic, less emissions trash. Or new enough to have fuel injection and overdrive.
Also the manual trans models have sm465 four speeds. Granny low, and then 2 under drive gears, and fourth gear is 1:1 no OD.
>>
>>17558052
I really don't know. My dad had an '80 stepside and it was beautiful but it had some serious rust issues around the doors and it could've just been the fact we live a mile from the bay.
>>
>>17557867
I'm not OP, but why the stepside? It's an eyesore and just less useful than a regular bed.
>>
>>17558376
OP here, it's mostly just the look desu. I am kind of worried about how thin the walls of the stepside panels are though. it seems like they might dent or rust easily
>>
>>17558376
A E S T H E T I C

It looks gr8 to be perfectly h. It's really the most notable difference in look from a modern truck.
>>
with these trucks, is it better to buy somewhat stock then customize it yourself or just buy someone else's custom truck?
>>
>>17558467
What?
>>
>>17558614
Yeah they have the little half step but you could put your whole foot into the side of OP's pic. It's the severity of it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.