[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not turning off both cars when you're jump starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-07-17-21-47-40.png (710KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-17-21-47-40.png
710KB, 1080x1920px
>not turning off both cars when you're jump starting a vehicle
It's like you morons want to get shocked
>>
Duh

Dude I drive to work sometimes hoping I get tboned by two semis at the same fucking time from both sides.
>>
>>17555114
there is really no wrong way to jump start another car as long as you get the + on the + and the - one the - or a ground
>>
>>17555140
And - on last, off first
>>
>>17555140
But if you leave the car running you might get electrocuted
>>
>>17555137
>he doesnt know its amps not volts that kill
>he doesnt know less than .01 amps can cause your heart to stop
>he doesnt know with the extremely high resistance of dry skin the very most current that will flow through your body is less than .00025 amps so you can touch both leads safely
>>
>>17555147
And what exactly is going to happen if I do the opposite..? Oh nothing, cool gotcha
>>
>>17555140
yes

>>17555147
no

>>17555176
Electrocuted from 12VDC? No go fuck yourself.

>>17555181
>>17555197
these

As already stated, hook up - to - and + to + then crank. Doesn't fucking matter it's 12 fucking volts. It's not going to hurt you.

t. electrical fucking engineer
>>
>>17555140

The dead battery isn't giving off any hydrogen. It's fine to connect it directly.
>>
>>17555237
jesus fuck quit being a cuck and go touch the terminals of your battery right now to see how much NOTHING happens. The rubber grips are for ergonomics and so that people don't short their batteries through conductive metal (btw you can't short the battery through your high impedance skin).
>>
>>17555246
hearts have been stopped with 9 volts directly thorugh the bloodstream
>>
>>17555268
Forgive my autism, forgot we were dealing with dc here and not ac.
>>
>>17555276
Voltage doesn't kill retard
>>
>>17555276
You'd have to be a massive electricity pussy for that to happen. 3 batteries up your ass in series can kill you too but that's also rare. Most people can take a 240v shock with both hands just fine.
>>
>>17555306
Dude working in my lab took something like 40kV-60kV and was fine.
>>
>>17555294
what a retarded thing to say
>>
>>17555294
chicken or egg arguement. You won't get one without the other.

>>17555276
I don't doubt that this is possible, but the heart probably wouldn't have been damaged so it would likely start again if it was healthy. Also, when jump starting a car, how the FUCK are you going to accidentally stab both clamps not only into your skin, but on opposite sides of your heart?

>>17555277
I'd grab terminals of 12VAC 50 or 60 Hz too. Just sayin I ain't scared of 12V.
>>
>>17555345
>50 or 60 hz
pick one and only one
>>
>>17555114
Being this much of a pussy and having that shit of leads.
>>
What are you saying? Obviously one of them won't start or you wouldn't be jumping it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.