[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/ 05 Civic SE 5spd with 220k miles versus 07 Fit autobox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: ⌐⌐.png (91KB, 229x335px) Image search: [Google]
⌐⌐.png
91KB, 229x335px
/o/

05 Civic SE 5spd with 220k miles

versus

07 Fit autobox with 180k miles

both are 3k, both have pwr windows, locks, mirrors, and relatively same conditions.

only difference is transmission. civic seems to have had a lot of maintenance per owner (belt and pump at 100k, headgasket at 150k, belt and pump again at 180k...) while Fit has relatively no maintenance other than a catalytic converter.

wat do /o/!
>>
>>17554391
Civic. Those Fits are prone to leaking.
>>
File: pic_related.png (626KB, 732x540px) Image search: [Google]
pic_related.png
626KB, 732x540px
>>17554411

It leaks. The owner said he tried to seal it with silicone and it has come back. You can smell it when you open the doors. The weather stripping was coming off the roof. I'm willing to silicone it up if the Fit is more reliabile than this model civic (I think the engine is an oddball engine?) but the Civic owner is trying to dig up the receipt for timing belt and water pump... if he doesn't have that it's hard to justify the price if it could potentially need belt and pump.
>>
>>17554441
That civic is better period. And the automatic will suck. Timing belt and water pump might be 500 bucks. Post your local Craigslist.
>>
>paying 3k for something over 140k miles

you're fucking with me, right?
>>
File: 2ndgenhondafittrunkleak.jpg (3MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2ndgenhondafittrunkleak.jpg
3MB, 1836x3264px
07 fit sport 5 speed auto owner here.

I love it to death for the practically, and I've seen an 06 do over 500 000km on the original engine and trans.
Pros: I'm 6' 2" and sit comfortably with legroom for another 6' guy in the seat behind me. Great mileage, fun to drive and throw around with a lot of body roll, the paddle shifters and the 1.5 L motor revs quickly so I pretend I'm in an indy car. I keep a set of golf clubs in the trunk with room to spare, or fit skis with one of the rear seats folded down.

But..

Roof leaks basically wear the rear hatch hinge bracket is. Hairline cracks develop where the roof and body side panels meet but the forums have info.

I found a trunk leak in the pic. Bloody body plugs in behind the bumper that should not have been made with plastic.
Also recall for the driver master window switch as the window seals allow water in but mines been ok so far. There are reports of the passenger window seals going allowing water in behind the interior panels and soaking the carpets.

Other complaints the seats aren't comfortable for any drive over 2 hours, no centre console, A/C and blower motor not very effective >30 °C and <-30°C. It's gutless on the highway
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.