[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /o/ I've decided I've have one too goddamn many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-03-09_10-41-36.jpg (389KB, 1500x938px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-09_10-41-36.jpg
389KB, 1500x938px
Hey /o/

I've decided I've have one too goddamn many serious conversations with god when driving on these shitty georgia highways in anything more than a light drizzle.

I love my Miata to death but Bubbles doesn't do as well in the rain as i'd like her to. My tires are pretty worn anyway, so im looking to get better ones. So who makes the best tires for rainy and wet conditions that'll fit?
>>
Anyone?
>>
Don't let Bubbles drive, what are you doing letting your dog drive your Miata anyway
>>
>>17553311
jesus....i drove my rear wheel drive BMW and lexus with all season tires in wisconsin & chicago. as long as you know it will slide and you don't brake in the middle of a turn, you will be fine.
>>
File: 1201001207a.jpg (801KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1201001207a.jpg
801KB, 2048x1536px
I really liked the nitto invo for a rain tire, not sure if they make it small enough for your car

fyi they dont do well in icy conditions
>>
>>17553528
Miatas weigh so little that they will oversteer coming out of a stoplight at quarter throttle in the rain.
>>
>>17553311
The falken ziex ze 950's are pretty well rated for all weather including rain and snow. should cost you maybe ~80 per tire. I have the toyo extensa HP's on my car and I'm pretty happy with them. If you're that worried about the back trying to pass the front up, put a few sandbags in the trunk.
>>
>>17553311

Throw several bags of sand in the boot
>>
>>17553311
You want something wide, with a good tread rating. I run 205/50/15 Nitto Neogens on my miata. They are cheaper of the nicer tires, and have handled well in the rain here in florida. Where it rains every day. Because of that, I have gotten stuck driving in the worst weather.

Tires are not all of it, and can betray you. You do need to learn control on your car/tires in wet conditions. I have a welded diff and 185/14 drift tires on the rear and even in heavy rain my car will not slide unless I want it too. I have practiced on street and track, pushing the car to the max and then some. I know the limits of my setup in different conditions. I am also confident in myself and my car.

Learn your thresholds and you can drive in any condition comfortably. So you can be looking out for everyone else on the road.
>>
rainy and in georgia? get something ultra high performance whatever you do, excellent rain traction as well as dry
>>
>>17553311

Been driving on the new firestone indy 500's, the ones that look wicked aggressive, for a few thousand miles now.

They're surprisingly good in the rain, both standing water and regular wet roads. Coming from RE050A's, they're significantly better in the rain than my old tires. The old ones would kind of squibble a bit, and try to go from side to side or go straight in standing water at speed when turning.

The new ones hold dead straight with no squibbling at all in standing water, and you can actually direct them when they start to hydroplane.

Comparison was done between tires with ~6k miles on them (old tires) and ~3k miles on them (new tires). New tires are also significantly quieter, and even with a bigger sidewall, quicker to respond to steering inputs. Mind you I do run high pressures, around 38 front and 36 rear, but it seems to work.
>>
Conti pro contacts if you don't hoon a lot. Very good tire, they do great in the wet and dry. If you hoon get some BFG sport comp 2s. Also a pretty good tire
>>
>>17553311

>miata driver can't drive in anything but perfect weather

Why am I not surprised, fucking hair dressers. Why don't you buy good all season tires to put on it instead of shitty summer tires made in china? Dumbass.
>>
>get pirelli p7+ on my civic
>front tires spin everytime i try to pull out of a stop light during the rain
>doesn't like anything other than dry, sunny weather
>>
>>17553311
Let us see bubbles
>>
>>17553311

>he named his car
>he calls his car 'him' or 'her'

neck yourself
>>
>>17554978
Kys faggot let him to what he wants
>>
>>17554620
What do you drive op?
>>
>>17553311
>So who makes the best tires for rainy and wet conditions that'll fit?
Generic all-seasons
>>
Dunlop Signature HP
BFGoodrich g-Force COMP2 A/S
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.