[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but why won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but why won't Subaru just put the FA20F engine into the BRZ? It's literally just the FA20D with a turbo and makes 50 more horses with a wider power band. It would be the perfect way to fix the BRZ.

I think someone said they didn't want it cannibalizing WRX sales, but the WRX is a sedan/hatch, and the BRZ is a coupe. I don't see that there would be that much overlap between buyers there.
>>
>>17550424
>I think someone said they didn't want it cannibalizing WRX sales, but the WRX is a sedan/hatch, and the BRZ is a coupe. I don't see that there would be that much overlap between buyers there.

Welcome to automobile companies, they very often completely fuck over other vehicles just so that the certain flagship cars dont get potentially lose sales.
>>
>>17550424
They don't want relevant torque.
>>
>>17550424

Adding more power won't magically make the BRZ good or sell more. It would sell the same as it does now with about 10% opting for the turbo version. That's it. 10%. That's not worth the resources for such a meager gain.
>>
>>17550433
The agreement is with Toyota people. They've had this in the past with the Wrx and the Evo
>>
>>17550557
source: the great anonymous
>>
toyota has a 310hp v6 in the camry

the toyobaru is meant to be a cheap slow shitbox
>>
File: IMG_0043.jpg (91KB, 541x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0043.jpg
91KB, 541x960px
>>17550557
False, far more people would consider it if it wasn't a rwd civic with less torque
>>
>>17550579

It's basically like buying a brand new 240sx in 1996.
>>
>>17550581
Except a 240sx didn't cost 30k new
>>
It would still be a poor man's Cayman, but it could actually come close to a standard version Cayman then. It would also cost 6 or 7 grand more.

In short, it would still be awesome and a nice improvement over the N/A car. Most people don't know the difference between a 3 door hatch and a coupe, so it would probably steal sales from the WRX, being slightly cheaper while offering similar or better performance on dry roads.
>>
>>17550584

With inflation they did, s14's were around 23k new, which is 35k now.
>>
>>17550581
So 20 years from now, an untouched well maintained Toyobaru should be worth a tidy sum?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.