[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How feasible would it be to take let's say a base model

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Phillips-OUSCI155.jpg (133KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Phillips-OUSCI155.jpg
133KB, 1000x800px
How feasible would it be to take let's say a base model V8 F150, lower it, stiffen it up, and turn it into a track car? Would it be able to compete with other performance cars?

A base F150 with the V8 has an MSRP of about $27k, if you were to dump another $5k into suspension mods, would you have a pretty capable track machine?
>>
No, do you know anything about curb weight?
>>
>>17549365
It's only 300lbs heavier than a Mustang GT
>>
Why start there when you can start with a base V8 Moostang? Now if you're dirt racing, there's the Raptor.
>>
>>17549378
Oh yeah, I forgot about that
>>
>>17549362
You could make a skid car, with the weight distribution you will need to add considerable ballast to the bed to make it grip. I have a modified mini and used to have a chevy street truck, sideways on braking, sideways under throttle, lifting inside rea wheel, neverending wheelspin. Fun, but not fast in any way, I bet a rental spec fiesta could walk a stock f150 at the track.
>>
>>17549362
5 grand isn't going to get you jack shit. Sure, you can siffen up the handling and make it a bit tighter, but shit like that isn't even very common for the ferds.

Fuck, a suspension setup from someone like Ridetech for a 67-72 or 73-87 Chevy runs about $9000 to get it lowered and all new suspension and a four link.
>>
>>17549404
This is why four links and panhard bars are a thing, setup correctly they transfer weight to the rear to maintain traction.
>>
>>17549478
Yes, linkage wizardry is going to correct the 70/30 weight bias of a truck.
>>
File: rip corvette.jpg (129KB, 823x903px) Image search: [Google]
rip corvette.jpg
129KB, 823x903px
>>
Where's AutoRXaTruck when you need him?
>>
>>17549535
>implying trucks handle bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIZwtZKQjxw
>>
Not very feasible. Body roll and the body/frame design play too much of a factor to compete with other track cars that are initially built for track racing or racing in general. Obvious Ex: Porsche, Subaru, Nissan Z etc.

I mean, you could get it to run the same time but after a lot more money towards mods vs. the brand's I just named.

In my opinion, get a Porsche and mod that out. Or a car built for that purpose.
>>
>>17549578
That's a tube chassis with a truck silhouette draped over the top.
>>
>>17549578
lol
>buddy
>>
>>17549586
>hey /o/ can i make my clist f150 a track car?

>no just buy a porsche anon!

>oh okay i hadnt thought of that!
>>
No because it's not a performance oriented platform. Just because it has MUH VEE AYTE doesn't mean shit. You'd have to tune it, completely redo the suspension, swap the transmission and rear end, strip it for weight, now you're out at least $50k overall and you're getting walked by a miata with boltons
>>
On a track a $5k Civic or Integra build would run circles around you, and no, I'm not kidding. A truck is a shit platform for track driving and nothing you do will change that.
>>
>>17549893
$30k for a used Cayman in good condition or $32k for OPs F150 with $5k in mods, which will be faster I wonder?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.