[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>""""""""""""""stage"""""""""""""""

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2687.jpg (22KB, 339x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2687.jpg
22KB, 339x270px
>""""""""""""""stage""""""""""""""" """""""""""""tuning""""""""""""""""
>>
File: TU8BfH9.jpg (111KB, 640x907px) Image search: [Google]
TU8BfH9.jpg
111KB, 640x907px
>having a meltdown over words
>>
File: 1499618381096.gif (3MB, 414x382px) Image search: [Google]
1499618381096.gif
3MB, 414x382px
>people thinking CAI/exhaust mods will give noticeable changes in power
>>
>>17539956
It genuinely shocks me that the cold air intake meme is still alive

I can't count how many times I've been asked or heard
>what can I do for more power for cheap? a cold air intake right?
>i'm thinking I'll get a cold air intake for more power for cheap

How are people so un/misinformed? How is there actually a market for such a useless and terribly valued product?
>>
>>17540011
It's pretty idiotic and basically a meme

On my car particularly it's proven to reduce power but kids still justify it because "it sounds sick brah"
>>
>>17539956
On a lot of vehicles, like my 92 Chevy pickup, exhaust mods are crucial for power because the stock exhaust (especially at the y pipe and headers) is ridiculously restrictive and there's actually a good amount of power to be made with a full new exhaust from the headers back.
And exhaust is one of the huge supporting mods and there's no way you'll get where you want power wise without a big, and good flowing exhaust. But that's really just a general rule of thumb for any full size pickup because you need to make a lot of power to move a 5000lb box quickly, and you need a big exhaust when you're making that sort of power with a 300+ CID engine
>>
>>17540048
did you actually expect a bmw owner to understand basic shit?

>>17539956

its is incredibly common for oem exhausts to be very restrictive
>>
File: THICC.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
THICC.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>17539956
>Retarded tripfag thinking OEM exhaust systems aren't shit for power
My car was rated 300hp factory, at the crank.
I have headers, true dual exhaust, and a tune. I make 328 at the wheels.
I just wonder how much I gained simply because I don't have cats anymore.
>>
>>17540103
>remove cats
>get power
>lol fucking retarded engineers look at all that hidden power xD why would they put THAT in there xD
>>
>>17540169
That's a nice strawman.
Did you ever consider that I simply don't need or want extraneous equipment that makes my car worse?
>>
>>17540169
It was about wether or not or exhaust restrict power , not the function of a cat

Try to keep up with the argument
>>
>>17539947
I saw this, laughed for a while and realised I didn't have any friends I could send it to that would understand.

Oh well.
>>
>these parts we made work well together and will give about x horsepower
>before you install any of these parts, you should install these other parts first
What is the problem OP?
>>
>>17539956
>newfag trip doesnt know how exhausts work
Heres your (you)
>>
>>17540344
There's no objective standard for what a "stage" is and it's moreso a marketing term for aftermarket parts companies. I appreciate the latter as a way to distinguish parts from one another by the same company but I made the thread after seeing a bunch of retards on Facebook trying to make the argument that their individual definitions of "stages" were correct by citing things that didn't exist. The only people who refer to "stage tuning" in that sense are retards like them because there is no objective standard in reality.
>>
>>17540431
>bunch of retards on Facebook
There's your problem. So you're mad about the term because retards are retards about it?
>>
>>17539956
>Increase intake diameter, change inlet location for cooler temperatures, and improve flow characteristics
>remove cat
>mate with matching diameter exhaust with x pipe for increased exhaust scavenging and velocity
>tune the car for higher octane, proper AFR, and to take advantage of lower combustion chamber heat characteristics by advancing ignition timing a bit

Nothing screams "I don't understand how engines work" like writing off perfectly functional mods because they do it wrong.
>>
>>17540377
kek
>>
>>17539954
I didn't know the meltdown meme was still a thing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.