[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>driving older minivan today >brakes feel softer than usual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

>driving older minivan today
>brakes feel softer than usual
>driving in a hilly area, stop sign at a very steep section of road
>squeel tires coming out of the stop
>continue driving a couple more hours with no issue
>braking starts getting increasingly soft
>brake lights go on
>head home
>brakes get progressively softer and softer to the point that I got no resistance until the brake was touching the floor
>It's parked on the street now, gotta move it for monday morning though

Does this sound like anything I can take care of without a tow? Do I have to bleed the lines or anything obvious? I might try to drive it 20 miles to my parents' place
>>
>>17537041
You probably leaked out all of your brake fluid from a line or hose, or your master cylinder shit the bed
>>
if its a chrysler its probably a leaking hard line.
if you have to ask i doubt you can fix it yourself.
>>
>>17537041
you got either a leaky caliper or a blown line

Do the nig shit i used to do at a used car lot and fucking get some steel compression fittings, a length of line, and a brake line cutter

If you need to flare it rent a flaring tool as well

Cut line a few inches before it starts getting crusty. put end of compression fitting
Bend new piece of line along path of old one, try to go through any holes or mounting brackets to keep from letting the line get anywhere it might get punctured by suspension travel or the like. Flare the end and put it into the caliper/drum. Fill Master cylinder and bleed all 4 corners.

DONT:
cut the brake line with snips or something (this will fuck your shit when you try to put a compression fitting on it
bend the line to the point of kinking it (bend it around your arm or something, you want the line to "stretch around the bend, not kink)
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.