[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Installing Aerocatch latches in my CF hood. Haven't done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: aerocatch_notes.jpg (37KB, 400x321px) Image search: [Google]
aerocatch_notes.jpg
37KB, 400x321px
Installing Aerocatch latches in my CF hood. Haven't done this before.

Question about the stock hood latch: Should I just remove it? I don't really like the idea of then having a useless cable and lever in the car (although I guess I could pull those out too easily), but I'd almost think the stock statement would get in the way of the AC latches. I'd imagine popping the hood with the latches still engaged either wouldn't do anything or would be a bad time trying to put upward pressure on the pins.

So delete the stock system, or keep both?
>>
>>17535481
Stock system* not statement.

Basically I'm just trying to keep as many things on the car as reasonable, but based on my thought process it seems like the OEM latch system should go.
>>
Nevermind, forgot how shit these boards are and that virtually no one actually works on their own cars or own anything besides an econobox shitbox.

You downers are incapable of posting in any thread that isn't clearly bait/trolling/circle jerking.
>>
Well what did you expect? This is a shit fucking board filled with bus riders that don't know a single damn thing about cars. You would have been better off posting your question in the stupid questions thread

People usually use hood latches on track/race cars for easy access, usually along with quick release hood hinges. They're also useful for aftermarket FG/CF hoods like yours since the latch built into the hood itself is prone to breaking.

If it's a street car then the latches with locks are a necessity, and don't remove the latch on the car in case you ever want to revert back to an original hood
If it's a track car then may as well remove it if you're stripping out the rest of the car
>>
>>17535481
If you keep the stock latch, it's safer since it has redundancy, and you won't have to get locking pins since you still have to open from inside the car too.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.