[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /o/ I'm in the market for a hot hatchback and I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170608_145947 (1).jpg (4MB, 3441x2538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170608_145947 (1).jpg
4MB, 3441x2538px
Hey, /o/

I'm in the market for a hot hatchback and I've narrowed it down to the following (not like there's too many choices in the US):

- FoST
- GTI
- FiST (I'm a big mofo and this car seems a bit small)
- Or wait to see how the Elantra GT Sport is later this summer.

As far as pricing I am wanting to spend less than 20k, ideally. I've got 32k saved up but I don't want to pay cash for the car so I am thinking of dropping like 7k as a down payment.

FoSTs in Houston run around 19k, but they are all ST1s with the tiny screens. The GTIs run about 20k but I feel you get more for what you pay with the GTI even if it's got less HP than the FoST. Plus, I've heard the build quality isn't there with the Focus what with the panel gaps and shit. A friend of mine has a Focus sedan and he says the dust and grass comes in the car whenever he mows the lawn.

I know in the fall there's the GTI refresh and I am tempted to wait for that to come out, but I don't know how pricing will be. These will come with the same engine (so sport pack engine is now going to be standard on all models).

Also the Elantra GT Sport is coming out this summer, apparently. No word on pricing but I like the looks of it. For a while there I considered getting an Elantra Sport.

So, what do you think /o/?
>>
>>17534796
>USA
>buying a hot hatch
Y tho? Get a used Mustang gt instead.
>>
>>17534810
These don't make terribly good DD's
>>
>>17535068
Sure they do. Comfy, plenty power, cooled seats. 4 seats. What more do you need?
>>
I have a FoST and also am in houston. FiST is better for fun and handling. FoST in houston is great because you can get on the highway with lots of power. FiST can too but obviously less power stock. Have yet to drive a GTI but I've heard they're comfier, with less driver feel. Wouldn't even consider an elantra GT but that's just me.

There's another FoST/FiST thread up here
>>17534439

I do somewhat regret getting a FoST because I could have got a brand new FiST with recaros if I was a bit more patient.

>>17534810
>>17535068
>>17535125
mustang feels a lot softer than an ST from my test drives. stangs have comfy seats and that look tho
>>
>>17535148
Get the performance pack
>>
>>17534796
Hey OP, I'm also torn between a GTI and a FoST! I test drove them along with a 9th gen Civic Si and a BRZ. You're correct in that the build quality is far superior in the gti than the focus, or any of the other aforementioned cars. It's also very fun and actually quicker than the ST. The focus does feel more raw and so driving it seems a little more exciting, but not by much. Personally, I think I'm gonna go with the VW and I think you should test drive one for yourself.
>>
>>17535530
>Personally, I think I'm gonna go with the VW and I think you should test drive one for yourself.
This is the way I've been leaning to be honest... aside from the build quality the GTI depreciates much slower than the Focus.

Are you going to wait for the 2018 GTI to come out?
>>
>>17535551
Im actually purchasing used, so I'm looking at 2015 GTIs. They're virtually the same as the 2016-2017s and they can be had for as little as 17k where I live. I wasn't aware of a 2018 refresh but I don't think you can go wrong with any year mk7; they are very well built and you'll notice is immediately once you get in the driver's seat. Like I said, take one for a test drive and you'll be pleased.
>>
>>17535613
The 2018 might be worth waiting for if buying new. They are adding LED lights, some design changes (including an updated infotainment system and interior) and all the trims will come with the sport package engine (+10 hp than the current base S model).

One thing I haven't made out is the pricing. In my area brand new GTIs run about 19k and it's definitely spending the extra 2k for a new car.
>>
As someone who owns a Focus I don't see what's wrong with the small screen tho, the only advantage is navigation and who the fuck uses that.
>>
>>17535678
The base model just looks bad, especially compared to the GTI. If OP wants something nice and refined he should get the GTI. If he wants something with a little more "character" he should get the ST
>>
File: IMG_20170329_145554973_HDR.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170329_145554973_HDR.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
>>17535678
Looks like shit.

Large screen looks passable.
>>
>>17535800
Yeah I don't know why it's so goddamn small. It's hilarious they bothered to add a backup camera w/ such a tiny ass screen.

Plus the GTI has Android Auto / Apple CarPlay and it's actually really good.
>>
>>17535613
Don't get the '15. The infotainment system is archaic and doesn't support CarPlay/Android Auto. The '16 has an upgraded unit standard.
>>
>>17535800
Damn, does the FoST really pull 70 psi of boost?
>>
>>17535955
Oil pressure smeglord
>>
>>17535955
Absolutely not, but that would be interesting.
>>
>>17535148
Difference in FoST and GT is the way low torque delivery from the turbo motor in the FoST. The mustang needs to be driven as an NA DOHC car, noones home below 3k. Obviously different vehicles in many respects but going from my FoST to the GT it was pretty apparent you have to modify the driving style. Just adding .02
>>
>>17535678
buyer's remorse?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.