[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

red pill me on the e46 325i /o/. looking to replace my curre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 00j0j_9Yamr2kcdvE_600x450[1].jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00j0j_9Yamr2kcdvE_600x450[1].jpg
38KB, 600x450px
red pill me on the e46 325i /o/. looking to replace my current car with this one.

i've done some preliminary research into the car and know that manuals are absolutely 100% the way to go (due to reliability of automatics being trash). i also know the a/c is prone to failure, as well as some other peripherals, but nothing exceptionally expensive to fix.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/6218960925.html

I'm looking specifically at this one and think that it's quite a steal. From what I can wager, the thing'll probably need new brakes and possibly some new belts in the near future. I think this in conjunction with the fact that the bmw badge was stolen off the car is the reason why it's so cheap. I noted the front arm control bushing has been replaced which is a known problem for this model. I know to stay away if it hasn't been properly maintained. I plan on doing basic maintenance myself to save costs.

Specific car aside, what's the deal with the e46 in general? Is it a reliable daily? I've read I can expect annual maintenance to be ~$1000. What's insurance like on the 4 door? Affordable on a shitty retail job?
>>
>>17534629
Get a 330ci. It's the only one non-m worth owning.
>>
>>17534629
>red pill me
Fucking leave.
>>
>>17534651
I don't care about the extra power, and there are no good manual examples for sale that aren't outrageously priced in my area.

Will take note and keep my eye out, tho. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>17534665
Here are much better options.
https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/d/bmw/6218444265.html

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/d/bmw-ci/6215723930.html
>>
>>17534665
330ci have subframe cracks, crazy expensive. Not worth the minor power increase
>>
>>17534747
I was looking at that 02, figuring that it would be easier to check service history with it + new tires saves me that cost. i was also less suspicious of the price point, but assume i'll need to fix a few problem areas with it anyways.

>>17534754
Does the 328i suffer from the same issues?
>>
I had a 325ci e46. The power was so shitty, it feels like a fucking civic when u get on it its sad. 180hp out of a straight 6 idk how bmw managed to get such low hp on such a great engine config.

I liked the car but seriously the power will make u hate it.

Just get a newer econobox instead of an old bmw, same price and more reliable w/ better gas milage.
>>
>>17535672
any personal recommendations of newer econoboxes for cheap?

I want to visit a buddy out in NY, NY and I live in Detroit, and half the reason I'm upgrading is because I don't trust my current shitbox (a 2002 liberty with 150k miles and more than a handful of suspension issues) to make the journey.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.