[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im going to go look at a Corrado 16v im interested in next week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Im going to go look at a Corrado 16v im interested in next week
heard they can be tough to keep running and are money pits
should I just drop it?
>>
Corrado is God tier. Buy it and reap the stares of jealous mk3 and mk4s
>>
>>17534631
the guy sent me a video of the spoiler and sunroof working
its the only one in the country thats for sale
the rest are lowered riced up shits
I FUCKING NEED IT MAN
>>
>>17534643
DO IT
>>
File: DSC_9131.jpg (168KB, 799x531px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_9131.jpg
168KB, 799x531px
>>17534504

It's just not enough engine to make the car fun OP

Corrado needs the g60 or VR.

2L 16v just isn't enough, ESPECIALLY the american 9A.

Find a 3 door MK2 with a 16v, much better.
>>
be a proper gentleman and get the VR6 version.
>>
>>17534504
Had the chance to buy a vr6 back when I was 18... kicking myself for not doing it ever since. I have no experience with the 16V because I'm burger but mechanically the parts are similar with other period VWs...
>>
File: IMG_20170513_021808.jpg (106KB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170513_021808.jpg
106KB, 1080x608px
>>17534992
>>17535045
This, alternatively I would just go for a mk3 GTI with the VR6, could probably get one cheaper and (to me at least) they feel the exact same
>>
>>17535045
the thing is, only 2 corrados are for sale in my country, and both are 16v
dont want a golf though, its corrado or nothing
>>
>>17535140
those hood-cover-up-light things are so fucking ugly dude
>>
>>17534504
Honestly, you should be getting the VR6 model. 16V is poo. That being said, if you want it that badly....
>>
>>17535460
There are no vr6 ones here though
If I could get one I would but to import one from Germany would almost double the price because fucking commie country taxes are anti fun
>>
>>17535447
Thanks, y-you too
>>
My VR-6 was a money pit. That said- when it ran it was a really fun car. Coming out of the toll plaza I'd really jump on it, and the tires wouldn't light up until you hit 11 mph- then the traction control turned off.

Drove it on a 900 mile road trip twice. At one point got it up to 120 for sixty minutes. THAT covers some ground.

So: Left window rower unit.
Sunroof cartridge
Both water pumps.
Radiator burst.
The fresh air intake for the cabin has a rubber sorta flap thing over it- keep that clear, as mine was propped open by a couple of leaves, and in a huge rainstorm the interior of the car had about 6" of water in it. Yeah.
Both door handles will break too.
The ABS pump died- and that was $1200.00 just for the part 20 years ago.

Mine got about 20 mpg no matter how you drove it. It had a ton of room if you fold the seat- I moved twice with it.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.