[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons, I'm torn between getting the Impreza WRX Wagon or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: sb2002ix09.jpg (203KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
sb2002ix09.jpg
203KB, 1024x683px
Anons, I'm torn between getting the Impreza WRX Wagon or the Sedan and I need advice on which one to get.

Wagon:
>more on the market so I can get one pretty much immediately and have a good choice of them
>cheaper
>actually looks decent
>lots of space inside for carrying shit
>bigger, so harder to park in crowded areas, especially yuro cities

Sedan:
>looks way cooler
>smaller so probably less weight so a bit faster I guess
>easier to park
>better car for a young guy without a large family (me)
>less of them on the market, so not as many choices
>more expensive but should also sell better later

What do? Take the wagon as it is out there or wait for a sedan?
>>
File: 2005_BMW_330Ci_ZHP_Silver.jpg (629KB, 2313x1260px) Image search: [Google]
2005_BMW_330Ci_ZHP_Silver.jpg
629KB, 2313x1260px
>>17531579
Alternatively:
>better respected
>faster and N/A
>unlimited internet/part support
>comfier
>can handle gear abuse better
>>
>>17531579
Neither. Get something actually good.
>>
>>17531607
>non-AWD
I want AWD.
>>
>6,6cm longer
>harder to park
I'd take the wagon, doesn't look as boiracer
>>
>>17531614
>330xi
>>
>>17531621
Isn't this the x-drive meme though? I.e. not a real AWD but essentially a rear-biased haldex?
>>
Not a wrx, but I have an 01 imp outback sport.
The wagon isn't any harder to park than the sedan, they're almost the same size vehicle (and assuming you're looking at the 02-03 generation, the imp/wrx is actually really tiny) aside from a bit more vertical trunk room. Unless you really don't like how the wagon looks, it's more practical with the extra space, and you can take a nap in your trunk if you get sleepy.
>>
>>17531628
I can tell you have a prejudice towards BMW.
>>
>>17531642
Honestly, yes I do.

>>17531636
How about the GC generation? Because that's another thing for me that I'm kinda torn between GC and GD.
>>
>>17531579

There are no downsides to owning the wagon as all the sedan parts that affect performance will swap over cleanly. The weight is very similar between the two and barely affects the performance.

IMO the main reason to buy the sedan is if you absolutely cannot find a good wagon and simply give up. The sedan is a good performance daily, but the wagon is something that you can use to 90% of its potential every single day, whether that be turning hard and pushing the AWD, going fast with the turbo, or carrying lots of stuff. With the back seats folded down, you can haul quite a bit of stuff.

On top of this, the wagon attracts less attention from ricers/police/etc.
>>
>>17532002
>On top of this, the wagon attracts less attention from ricers/police/etc.
As much as I always wanted a sleeper, I must admit that I'm a 23 year old guy so I'm not so sure a wagon will suit a young guy as myself. If I had kids and/or wife then yeah, that'd be definitely my choice but right now I want dem rally feels, even if I don't actually intend to do any rally with this car.
>>
>>17531579
W A G O N
A
G
O
N

Subaru wagons are truly patrician taste.
>>
>>17532029

Ok, you've already got your mind made up so go ahead and get the one you want. No random users of a Tanzanian Smoke Signal Enthusiasts forum are gonna convince you otherwise.

That said, let me just post some wagons doing exactly what you think are "rally feels"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74D75ZTw9fk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkG9uGzVpe0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL-UrRw1TOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU1UtCcMLsE

A final note - You can "grow into" the wagon if it doesn't necessarily fit your "image" right now. However, you will have your heart broken some day when you have to "grow out" of the sedan.
>>
>>17532061
>Ok, you've already got your mind made up so go ahead and get the one you want. No random users of a Tanzanian Smoke Signal Enthusiasts forum are gonna convince you otherwise.

Honestly not exactly. I mean I do want a sedan but I'm at the point where I can either get a wagon immediately, or keep waiting god knows how long for a sedan. So I just really don't know. If I had a choice between both I'd take the sedan, but since I don't really have that choice, I'm torn.

>A final note - You can "grow into" the wagon if it doesn't necessarily fit your "image" right now. However, you will have your heart broken some day when you have to "grow out" of the sedan.
I know. I've really been thinking of getting the Impreza for a year, maybe two tops and then I might go for an Evo which will fill my desire for a sedan.
>>
>>17532029

>I must admit that I'm a 23 year old guy so I'm not so sure a wagon will suit a young guy as myself.

You sound like someone with absolutely no life, friends, hobbies, interests etc

You'd have to be fucking retarded to get a sedan over a wagon.
>>
>>17532163
>people who like different things than me must be retarded!
great logic
>>
>>17532163
>You sound like someone with absolutely no life, friends, hobbies, interests etc
I don't see how would you extrapolate that from me preferring a sedan over a wagon, anon.

>You'd have to be fucking retarded to get a sedan over a wagon.
But why? If I don't intend to haul a lot of stuff then why would I prefer the wagon over the sedan? My previous car was a Celica which is only a coupe and which the lack of rear doors was a bit annoying, space-wise it was fine for me.
>>
OP, I've perused the thread for a short while, and you seem pretty set on getting a Sedan; so get that.
Last thing you want is to get a wagon and then think a few weeks later "Man, I should have got a sedan".
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.