[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How easy is it to paint a primed front bumper cover? One on my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: s-l1600.jpg (42KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
42KB, 1200x1200px
How easy is it to paint a primed front bumper cover? One on my car has a dent when I hit a frozen snow bank and the paints chipping bad. Was going to buy a new bumper cover primed from eBay in pic related. I have an air compressor, so I guess that'd help to buy like a paint spray attachment and do it that way. But yeah, is it a relatively easy job for a noob? I'm assuming I just need to buy color matching paint, spray on in layers and add a clear coat after? I have a black car and just don't want the bumper to look like a slightly off black color, I want it to match the rest of the car.
>>
>>17528846
Get a professional to paint it. And learn to drive.
>>
>>17528850
Try braking on black ice kiddo.
>>
>>17528846
Get the right materials and train yourself to spray like a robot would.

Not too much to avoid paint runs. At the right angles for even coverage. With backspray to paint the tight spots. Appropriate overlapping for each spray pass. Give each coat appropriate time to dry. Have some appropriate polish to smooth the finish when it's done.

Chances are you'll fugg it up a little bit, but chances are no one else gives a shit.
>>
>>17528846
If learning to paint matters to you, do it. If you're trying to save money, and you are a total paint noob, take it to a shop... You won't save a dime doing a DIY unless you're prepared to be satisfied with shitty results.
>>
>>17528901
Thanks anon, I'll keep those in mind. Yeah I know I'll probably fuck up a bit, or have some runs, but I don't care. As long as it looks better than my current bumper.
>>
>>17528915
Well a shop I'm assuming would charge a shit ton, even for just a simple bumper. That's why I'm trying to DIY here, to save money.
>>
>>17528846

Have fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_9WQmicyJU
>>
>>17528846

Option 1. do it with spray cans for dirt cheap and make it black

Option 2. drop it off at a shop and pay a couple hundred to have it done professionally and 9/10 chances of it looking good
>>
>>17528846
You can fix the bumper if you're willing to invest time into it. Bondo/plastic welding and then sand, primer, paint
Youtube some videos to save shekels
>>
>>17528846
>get boiling water
>pour boiling water on dent
>use plunger to pull out dent

Problème solved
>>
>>17530018
>Paint is chipping
>>
>>17530018
Nah the dent isn't a normal circle/oval, looks more like a crushed square.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.